The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

The latest addition to the Brexit Lemmings list alongside Nissan workers in Sunderland and the Airbus workers in Broughton are the thousands of English pensioners in Spain, the majority of whom voted Leave, who are coming to the realisation that in the event of a no deal Brexit, they will no longer be entitled to ANY Spanish healthcare including A&E.

Again this is something which was brought up before the referendum but was dismissed as a scare tactic by the crackpots, cranks and liars of the Leave campaign.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The latest addition to the Brexit Lemmings list alongside Nissan workers in Sunderland and the Airbus workers in Broughton are the thousands of English pensioners in Spain, the majority of whom voted Leave, who are coming to the realisation that in the event of a no deal Brexit, they will no longer be entitled to ANY Spanish healthcare including A&E.

Again this is something which was brought up before the referendum but was dismissed as a scare tactic by the crackpots, cranks and liars of the Leave campaign.

thought, EU folks here, and expats there were the first people to be sorted out in the deal? to the disdain of certain brextremists who said it was our main card

20 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

are the thousands of English pensioners in Spain, the majority of whom voted Leave, 

Source please?

Edited by WiseOwl182

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

thought, EU folks here, and expats there were the first people to be sorted out in the deal? to the disdain of certain brextremists who said it was our main card

The reciprocal heath arrangements between European countries is organised through the EU European Health Insurance Card Scheme.

The moment we leave the EU without a deal that scheme will cease to operate for all UK citizens in the European Economic Area except those with dual citizenship of another EU country (or Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) 

7 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Source please?

Either the YouGov or IPSOS analysis of the 2016 vote.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Either the YouGov or IPSOS analysis of the 2016 vote.

Link please?

The majority of ex pats weren't even eligible to vote.

So...

No deal on the table - just Mrs May's 'My Way is the only way' totalitarian view with no voice of the people or of parliament

Brexit being shown to favour the fat cats like Nigel (2 of my kids have got German passports now) Farage, and Mr "my investments in Europe are doing quite well thank you" Rees-Mogg

Major companies moving investments away from the UK due to uncertainties around Brexit

Predictions of food shortages and queues at the ports being shown to be more than just 'project fear'

Planning for methods of handling civil unrest being developed by the government

Sounds like a successful Brexit to me

Oh, hold on, what are the upsides of leaving?

I forget - can anyone point me to a clear and substantiated argument of why we should leave?

"The majority of ex pats weren't even eligible to vote."

I thought it was a 15 year cut off? I have friends who weren't allowed to vote, even though they were well inside the cut-off.

Edited by ads36

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Link please?

The majority of ex pats weren't even eligible to vote.

Those who had not been registered to vote in UK elections for more than 15 years were not able to vote but given that most pensioners retired to Spain after they had retired I'd guess the majority were eligible to vote.

31 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Those who had not been registered to vote in UK elections for more than 15 years were not able to vote but given that most pensioners retired to Spain after they had retired I'd guess the majority were eligible to vote.

so you are saying the most, and the few, who liven europe will hold a balance, both will be casualties.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Then you'd guess wrong.

"Only an estimated 1.4 million of the 4.9 million British citizens of voting age who live overseas are eligible to vote in UK elections, because of the 15-year rule."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/27/labour-betraying-british-citizens-abroad-who-cannot-vote

Edited by WiseOwl182

17 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Then you'd guess wrong.

"Only an estimated 1.4 million of the 4.9 million British citizens of voting age who live overseas are eligible to vote in UK elections, because of the 15-year rule."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/27/labour-betraying-british-citizens-abroad-who-cannot-vote

If you scroll back you will see that I was talking about pensioners not all UK ex pats.