The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

So , old Tusk throws his teddy`s out of his pram big time :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

And to think , this is the sort of vile person who some people want to stay tied too. 

4 hours ago, whiteowl said:

So you "promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it safely" ?

Not often you get a Brexiteer admitting they don't have a clue 🙂

There was ,and still is a simple way of implementing Brexit ............. Just walk away , which is what we should have done the day we triggered article 50 . No deal , just walk away. 

2 hours ago, L00b said:

But for his usual and nonsensical class war guff, actually Car Boot may not be.

Tusk is right, factually and objectively: there is no Remain political force in the UK.

Apart from the Liberal Democrats?

2 hours ago, L00b said:

But for his usual and nonsensical class war guff, actually Car Boot may not be.

Tusk is right, factually and objectively: there is no Remain political force in the UK. I should know, I've been watching for it very closely for over 2 years: it just ain't there, MPs and parties are still husbanding the 2016 Leave vote 2 years on, with 50 days to go.

Tusk's statement today is designed to take the wind completely out of Theresa's Brussels trip tomorrow, at home: the message is "come with a plan, not with more support pleas, or don't bother coming at all" and it signals in the clear, to any Remain political forces in the UK, that their time to act is now or never, because the EU has had enough of the ERG, the DUP and Corbyn's immobilism paralysing the exit process, and now the gloves are off.

Time to **** or get off the pot, people. Sign the withdrawal agreement and get a hard landing, or GTFO without it and get a crash (-landing, maybe). Your call.

May`s "Deal" keeps us tied to those Europeans in many ways. I want a total split, no ties what so ever. 

12 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

May`s "Deal" keeps us tied to those Europeans in many ways. I want a total split, no ties what so ever. 

Not even a trade deal?

2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Not even a trade deal?

Any trade deal would come with strings attached , so id rather we go our own way ,and sort our own trade deals , on our own terms without interference from those Europeans. 

Just now, Penistone999 said:

Any trade deal would come with strings attached , so id rather we go our own way ,and sort our own trade deals , on our own terms without interference from those Europeans. 

So to be clear you don’t even want the UK to have a trade deal with the EU?

Has a remain voter I find Tusks remarks well below the belt. To say that people who demonstrated their democratic rights has having a place in hell is nothing short of shameful just because they voted to leave his beloved EU. To insult a nation in this way when you are supposed to be diplomatic I believe this is a case for resignation.

Edited by hobinfoot

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

Apart from the Liberal Democrats?

They're not what I'd call a political force, these days: clearly, they haven't got the voting support, nor any political capital worth any mention.

6 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Has a remain voter I find Tusks remarks well below the belt. To say that people who demonstrated their democratic rights has having a place in hell is nothing short of shameful just they dared to vote to leave his beloved EU. To insult a nation in this way when you are supposed to be a diplomatic is in my view is a case for resignation.

Tusk said what he said in respect of those who pushed Brexit without a plan.

That's neither Leave voters, nor those who pushed Brexit with a plan.

All those posters taking offense at Tusk's words are looking a bit dumb, tbh.

Edited by L00b

5 minutes ago, L00b said:

They're not what I'd call a political force, these days.

Tusk said what he said in respect of those who pushed Brexit without a plan.

That's neither voters, nor those who pushed Brexit with a plan.

All those posters taking offense at Tusk's words are looking a bit dumb, tbh.

Yes. A bit naughty of the BBC TV news at 6pm to leave out the bit about “without a plan”.

In fact, not “a bit naughty”, but downright disgusting. An omission which substantially changed the meaning.   Have you no shame, BBC?

They're not what I'd call a political force, these days.

Beat me to it and even when they were a political force they also wanted a referendum.

Tusk said what he said in respect of those who pushed Brexit without a plan

According to Knuttsberg of the BBC his outburst was planned in advance and not at all spontaneous.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

So to be clear you don’t even want the UK to have a trade deal with the EU?

Other than buying fags to keep European people smugglers and the like in funds, of course.

I doubt he has the courage to admit that though.

18 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Has a remain voter I find Tusks remarks well below the belt. To say that people who demonstrated their democratic rights has having a place in hell is nothing short of shameful just because they voted to leave

Maybe you could try listening to what he said?

Edited by ads36