The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

2 hours ago, woodview said:

Wow, I'll have re-evaluate my whole life.

I'll not be posting 'til I get back from the Tibetan monastery.

Good luck everybody.

Sarcasm... You're not actually going to reevaluate, you'll carry on perpetuating the myths and misunderstandings.

5 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Sarcasm... You're not actually going to reevaluate, you'll carry on perpetuating the myths and misunderstandings.

You can come to the monastery, to learn about understanding and accepting people of different opinions. You might find it enlightening.

16 minutes ago, Litotes said:

You seem to speak with authority rather than supposition "direct evidence of an upcoming attack would be shared" - you must be on the inside - can you share any other facts?

Or are these just assumptions?

i can neither confirm nor deny my insideness

but i doubt, despite brexiters best efforts, relations will deteriorate to the level where either side would consciously decide to let a mass casualty civilian attack happen if they had direct evidence that it was imminent.

8 minutes ago, woodview said:

You can come to the monastery, to learn about understanding and accepting people of different opinions. You might find it enlightening.

can i come too?

49 minutes ago, woodview said:

I think you know I was referring to the EU

Keep spreading the lies. It will all come tumbling down on your head eventually

4 hours ago, Magilla said:

Nissan won't be building the next-generation X-Trail at its plant in Sunderland:
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/business/it-s-got-nothing-to-do-with-diesel-and-everything-to-do-with-brexit-11-things-you-said-about-nissan-confirming-x-trail-won-t-be-built-in-sunderland-1-9573078

"Any cutbacks in any jobs should be reserved for the Brexiteers who voted for it."

Suspect we'll be seeing a lot more of that sort of sentiment in the next few months.

Get real.  Nissan are being very crafty with the announcement now.  It would have been very embarrassing for Nissan to announce after the UK leave the EU with a zero tariff agreement for the Motor Vehicle sector that they have changed their mind about building the new model in Sunderland.  

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

I would say the views are based on emotions, rather than hard facts of the situation. I too have a deep feeling the democracy needs to get closer to the people.

I agree, but trashing our economy and way of life is likely to lead to less democracy not more!

9 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Get real.  Nissan are being very crafty with the announcement now.  It would have been very embarrassing for Nissan to announce after the UK leave the EU with a zero tariff agreement for the Motor Vehicle sector that they have changed their mind about building the new model in Sunderland.  

On the other hand, maybe they are getting realistic about the lies they were promised if they stayed and backed the suicide pact that is Brexit.

The writing is on the wall for the plant - no investment means that as the current model hits its shelf life, they will start shutting down the lines...

Thanks Brexiteers, for nothing!

15 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's never the fault of brexit is it!

18 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Why? It's not stopped foreign car manufacturers shipping out before the referendum if it suited them. They normally say why they're leaving and that's that - they cant afford to start lying to shareholders, that never ends well, and renault/Nissan are already under heavy scrutiny. There will be others though I'm quite sure. JLR would be my bet.

3 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

It's never the fault of brexit is it!

The fall in demand for diesel cars has nothing to do with new EU diesel emissions regulations of course.  

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

The fall in demand for diesel cars has nothing to do with new EU diesel emissions regulations of course.  

Or the fact that the emissions are causing breathing problems - but that'll just be the EU's fault won't it?

1 hour ago, andyofborg said:

but i doubt, despite brexiters best efforts, relations will deteriorate to the level where either side would consciously decide to let a mass casualty civilian attack happen if they had direct evidence that it was imminent.

can i come too?

All seeking enlightenment and inner calm are welcome.

25 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

I think you know I was referring to the EU

Keep spreading the lies. It will all come tumbling down on your head eventually

Wow. I've no reason to spread lies. I only say what I think. Other opinions are available.

There are plenty of spaces on the trip to let go of the inner bitterness and angst.