The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Certainly.

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/c4-survey-uk-would-vote-remain-eu-majority-54-46

That was a poll of 20,000 people by Survation. How many people did the Mail poll?

Thanks for that, so a totally different poll? Any link showing the data you claim is missing from the graphic of the poll I quoted? No, didn't think so.

Poll size was 2046,  Which gives a margin of error of 2% (rounded), compared to your sample size, which gives a margin of error of 1% (rounded) @ a 95% confidence level.

Edited by convert

29 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

What you really mean is, being like Norway is worse than being in the EU since we need to follow legislation to in the single market but have no say is creating them. 

Since when did we decide what is leaving and what isn’t?  Not having MEPs in the EU Parliament isn’t enough? Not having an EU Commissioner from the U.K. isn’t enough? Anymore?

brexTREMISTS are extremists they want out completely

36 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

Correction - Norway has to abide by single market rules - it opts in and out of other EU legislation as they feel appropriate. The fact is, most of the time they feel it is appropriate to adopt EU legislation, turns out it makes sense a lot of the time?

36 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

Correction - Norway has to abide by single market rules - it opts in and out of other EU legislation as they feel appropriate. The fact is, most of the time they feel it is appropriate to adopt EU legislation, turns out it makes sense a lot of the time?

The single market means the free movement of goods, services, capital, Labour in what universe is that leaving the EU ?

35 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

They are not in the EU

So you lied.

Don't call me a liar. Norway has to abide by the single market rules. And that equates to staying in the EU in all but name for us.

1 hour ago, ez8004 said:

Aww bless. You think the PM has a mandate to do anything. 

Yes as unless parliament can come up with something new she still has a mandate for the UK to leave the EU with or without a deal as given to her by the electorate.

22 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

The single market means the free movement of goods, services, capital, Labour in what universe is that leaving the EU ?

16 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Don't call me a liar. Norway has to abide by the single market rules. And that equates to staying in the EU in all but name for us.

You do realise the referendum simply asked Leave or Remain?

A Norway deal means that we have left the EU. The referendum question made no mention of the single market!

7 minutes ago, apelike said:

Yes as unless parliament can come up with something new she still has a mandate for the UK to leave the EU with or without a deal as given to her by the electorate.

Let’s hope Parliament comes up with something new then because to leave without a deal would be a self inflicted act of sheer stupidity ,mainly by the Conservatives but ably backed by Labour.

Sovereignty looks a poor option if we entrust our futures to these clowns.

So in completely unexpected news - May has declared that it is her deal or... well, not a lot. We are still at the beckon and call of May and Corbyn power-struggles with no regard at all for the people involved.

(except I no longer have to pay £65 for the pleasure of getting an unclear status)

28 minutes ago, apelike said:

11 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Let’s hope Parliament comes up with something new then because to leave without a deal would be a self inflicted act of sheer stupidity ,mainly by the Conservatives but ably backed by Labour.

Sovereignty looks a poor option if we entrust our futures to these clowns.

It doesn't matter one bit whether Parliamentary debate births something which enough MPs can get behind, if that 'something' is not May's. And even then, then you'd have to sell it to Brussels, for it to have any relevance at all.

Given the failed Tory leadership challenge, the current Parliamentary arithmetic, and the unlikelihood of Corbyn being deposed or turning Remainer in the timescale left before end March 2019, May is unmovable, and will keep stonewalling to the 11th hour before Brexit day, by which time her stonewalling will have left MPs with no other choices than the current withdrawal agreement, whatever softer Brexit agreement might be arrived by that time (most unlikely, unless someone somehow manages to get May to row back on her red lines), or no deal Brexit.

Is May going to Brussels to seek reassurances on the reassurances of the reassurances, which she didn't get on her last 2 trips? That's exactly the kind of stonewalling I'm on about. Move a lot of air, make some grandstanding speeches, but don't give an inch and let the clock run down in the meantime. The lady wants her place in history as the PM who took the UK out of the EU, and by damn she's going to get it.

Edited by L00b

25 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You do realise the referendum simply asked Leave or Remain?

A Norway deal means that we have left the EU. The referendum question made no mention of the single market!

Most people would consider the Norway situation so close, as to not really have left.

It's akin to TM taking a flight from Brussels to London and proclaiming to have 'left the EU' 😀

20 hours ago, ez8004 said:

You know there is a reason why the financial centre is in London right?  What kind of incentives are you going to give them?  What incentives are you going to give to HSBC which turns over $51bn/year to move away from their home?  Cheap rates?  REALLY?

Obviously I don't mean the likes of HSBC. Incentivising some companies to choose locations other than just London is hardly a radical idea, so quit with the faux shock.

20 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So as it stands in January 2019, the runners and riders are now as folows:

No deal Brexit 10%

Teresa May's deal 35%

A second referendum 53%

Remain in the EU 54%

Can someone explain to me why people are still banging on about leaving the EU being the will of the people?

Certainly not the people being questioned in aii the recent polls. 🙄

How well did the polls do at predicting the actual result? Oh yes, I've remembered. They showed remain would be clear winners. Polls mean nothing, there's only the actual result that counts.

13 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Was the MP being called a fascist for quoting a National Front slogan like WiseOwl was? She didn’t. He is. So it is a reasonable question. 

I was quoting Gordon Brown. Probably a hero of yours.