The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

What sort of weird poll trickery is this? The percentages add up to 150, and there isn't even an option to Remain.

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

Really? 

28%

Yes really, check the link, multiply the % of votes by the % turnout and you'll see that governments have been formed with much less than 28%.

1 minute ago, convert said:

So, according to your link it is the brexit term that most  are familiar with then, as only 26% know about article 50, and only 20% know what a customs union is

They've heard the words, it doesn't in anyway indicate that they know what the words mean :?

2 minutes ago, convert said:

Yes really, check the link, multiply the % of votes by the % turnout and you'll see that governments have been formed with much less than 28%.

We’re talking about something that will change our lives for decades.

28%

Are you sure you know what you are saying?

Just now, Magilla said:

They've heard the words, it doesn't in anyway indicate that they know what the words mean :?

Pretty much sums up the whole of the Leave / Remain campaign then.

6 minutes ago, convert said:

So, according to your link it is the brexit term that most  are familiar with then, as only 26% know about article 50, and only 20% know what a customs union is

Given that arithmetic, what are the chances of any fraction of them understanding that the current withdrawal agreement, extending the 'NI-only' CU to the whole of the UK, was a major concession from the EU?

Given the gist of the comments in this thread about the WA agreement, the EU and the negotiations, I don't think that answering "none whatsoever" is going out on much of a limb :lol:

Something I've long said about Brexit, its politics and its debate in the UK: it's a damning indictment of the British educational system, doubling as a developer for the latent ignorance of the population about all things EU.

Edited by L00b

3 minutes ago, convert said:

Pretty much sums up the whole of the Leave / Remain campaign then.

It shows that the support for "no-deal" isn't quite as clear cut as might be suggested.

Interesting snippet.

WTO oversees bidding for government procurement contracts and there are currently $1.7 trillion worth up for grabs around the world.

After Match 29 we will be barred from bidding because our involvement has been vetoed by six countries.

One of those is Moldova, and it is a retaliatory act. Our government refused visas to a Moldovan trade delegation in 2017 and they have now turned their grudge over that into a veto at the WTO

A taste of things to come, in a world where Vanuatu or Moldova could veto our ability to trade freely

14 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

After Match 29 we will be barred from bidding because our involvement has been vetoed by six countries.

One of those is Moldova, and it is a retaliatory act. Our government refused visas to a Moldovan trade delegation in 2017 and they have now turned their grudge over that into a veto at the WTO

It's worth noting that Moldova's complaint is that if a Moldovan trade delegation can't get visas to the UK then what chance have Moldovan business people got of getting them and how much of a disadvantage this puts them when competing for contracts against people from countries who can get visas. WTO rules = (absent separate trade deal) treat everyone the equally. The UK have demonstrated that they don't treat Moldovans equally.

16 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

A taste of things to come, in a world where Vanuatu or Moldova could veto our ability to trade freely

And yet, people will still use their names as answers on TV's Pointless.

There's gratitude for you.... 😉

Just seen the PM speaking in the Commons today.  How did she put it? 

"I hate to disappoint but there will be no second referendum.  We will work to secure the mandate given to us by the people." 

I was also surprised to see the many agreeing, acknowledging head from the Labour benches. 

Gowd bless St. Theresa!