The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

18 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

That's not blanketly stereotyping and insulting those who voted to remain.  It's directed at the vocal minority who refuse to accept that the referendum returned a leave vote.  There are many remainers who take issue with so-named 'remoaners' . 

Whatever you say :)

So Mogg would never call a remainer a remoaner now would he?

TORY Brexit champion Jacob Rees-Mogg called the Treasury a ‘bastion of Remoanerism’ after Philip Hammond’s Budget warning.

The Metro, 29-10-2018

Edited by I1L2T3

50 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Many of us are already worse off now, over 45 years after joining the EU paradise club. Many of us have LESS money to spend on essentials NOW.

45 years of work, you should have saved some money, bought a house; if you haven't then that is your fault.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Fantastic. That's worth quoting. I presume you'd only treating by British health care professionals if need it?

He's a big believer in self-medicating, I hear Haynes are preparing a new 'the human body' line of manuals for their post-Brexit marketing :hihi:

So, by the looks of today's news, Theresa's plan B seems to be 'kite-flying a bilateral deal with Ireland' on Monday morning. Which is quite obviously a non-starter. With Leo, Barnier, the EU27, the DUP and most everyone else with tuppence in it.

I'm perversely hoping she does hop over to Brussels: my suspicions about her masochistic tendencies need confirmation!

Edited by L00b

15 minutes ago, L00b said:

He's a big believer in self-medicating, I hear Haynes are preparing a new 'the human body' line of manuals for their post-Brexit marketing :hihi:

You're not familiar with Haynes's Family & Heath manuals then. :hihi:

So, by the looks of today's news, Theresa's plan B seems to be 'kite-flying a bilateral deal with Ireland' on Monday morning. Which is quite obviously a non-starter. With Leo, Barnier, the EU27, the DUP and most everyone else with tuppence in it.

I'm perversely hoping she does hop over to Brussels: my suspicions about her masochistic tendencies need confirmation!

Vyette Cooper thinks May does want no deal ruled out but want's parliament to force it because she doesn't want to raise the ire of the brextremists.

57 minutes ago, L00b said:

Well I hope they are using imperial spanners for the kidney operations, that's all.

Theresa May. I'm not being insulting, but is she all there? There is something about her inability to change course or to respond to external stimuli (being rubbished by the entire world) that is mind bogglingly odd.

7 minutes ago, altus said:

Vyette Cooper thinks May does want no deal ruled out but want's parliament to force it because she doesn't want to raise the ire of the brextremists.

She needs to deal with that herself or the laws of unintended consequences are going to kick her very hard in the backside. 

She won’t be able to dance her way out of that corner

Just now, Harrystottle said:

Well I hope they are using imperial spanners for the kidney operations, that's all.

Theresa May. I'm not being insulting, but is she all there? There is something about her inability to change course or to respond to external stimuli (being rubbished by the entire world) that is mind bogglingly odd.

Once Brexit happens you’ll be lucky if the surgeon has a rusty lid off a tin of baked beans

27 minutes ago, altus said:

Ah no, you got me: I only knew about the 'special' Ladybird Books, besides Hayne's Star Wars line :blush:

17 minutes ago, Harrystottle said:

'The Lady's not for turning', if I remember the slogan correctly. Except when there's something to potentially gain, of course. Like a bigger Parliamentary majority. And holding on to No.10 just one more hour, answers that situation just fine :twisted:

Edited by L00b

11 minutes ago, Harrystottle said:

The whole premise of her position is illogical and bizarre.

She believes that leaving the EU will deeply damage the UK and voted to remain, yet is presiding over a government that is implementing that option. Her head must be in a right mess and I suspect she is now in a permanent "I'm not listening, I"m not listening!" mode.

16 minutes ago, Harrystottle said:

I’m not sure she is - I think the last time she went to Germany Merkel was stood in the cold because our Theresa couldn’t negotiate getting out of a car. Maybe next time she could take her own clown car.

As I watched more weapons grade incompetence unfold this morning, I pondered the question what would Merkel do if faced with the same problem? Would her steely German efficiency got brexit sorted in two years? It’s been built up as one of life’s unsolvable problems, but is it really?

Thatcher did have more about her though. May?

The attributes awarded to her by her supporters - durability, refusal to be swayed etc - you could just as easily give to a bag of wet sand.

She's a mystery.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’m not sure she is - I think the last time she went to Germany Merkel was stood in the cold because our Theresa couldn’t negotiate getting out of a car. Maybe next time she could take her own clown car.

The child locks were on. Correctly IMO

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The whole premise of her position is illogical and bizarre.

She believes that leaving the EU will deeply damage the UK and voted to remain, yet is presiding over a government that is implementing that option. Her head must be in a right mess and I suspect she is now in a permanent "I'm not listening, I"m not listening!" mode.

She is where she is, through repeatedly boxing herself in ever smaller corners over time, unnecessarily so moreover, and then not being (wo)man enough to put her hand up and unboxing herself.

She is the living (re)embodiment that politics of appeasement never work out in the end: you can fool some of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time. For witness, her character and policies are equally held as pro-Leaving by the Remain side, as pro-Remain by the Leave side. Even though, objectively, the WA deal, by its terms, lies firmly on the harder side of the Leave axis.

And now, at last, she (well, the whole Brexit charade under her 'stewardship') has firmly entered the end game phase. 67 days to go. Tic-toc-tic-toc...

Edited by L00b