The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Like we "could" stop outsourcing call centre jobs to India - but don't hold your breath - especially if we have to negotiate a trade deal directly with India.

To the likes of Fox these are opportunities to get rich. For the average Joe it’s potentially a job loss, debt, loss of home, and a miserable life on the scrap heap

Edited by I1L2T3

Final snippet of the night from me

Sky News polling indicates that 25% of people think that no deal means things stay as they are now

That puts a monumentally different spin on public support for no deal hard Brexit. It’s likely to be less than 10%

6 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It’s unlikely. I can’t be bothered digging it out right now but Indian government is already on the record as stating that an increased number of visas is a condition of a trade deal.

Not just India but many other countries will be wanting a fast track route to the UK employment market as part of a trade deal.

When the cranks and racists who voted Brexit in the hope of an all white Britain realise this, their heads will explode!

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Why Middlesbrough? I'm saying spread the jobs throughout the UK, not just in London. I'm also saying train up our own young people, rather than import cheap labour.

So you want to relocate the likes of Canary Wharf now?

Just now, ez8004 said:

So you want to relocate the likes of Canary Wharf now?

Incentivise companies away from just defaulting to London.

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

Not just India but many other countries will be wanting a fast track route to the UK employment market as part of a trade deal.

When the cranks and racists who voted Brexit in the hope of an all white Britain realise this, their heads will explode!

India has already stated that it wants free movement of labour with any trade deal that we do with them.  Think about that for a moment.

Just now, WiseOwl182 said:

You know there is a reason why the financial centre is in London right?  What kind of incentives are you going to give them?  What incentives are you going to give to HSBC which turns over $51bn/year to move away from their home?  Cheap rates?  REALLY?

7 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Final snippet of the night from me

Sky News polling indicates that 25% of people think that no deal means things stay as they are now

That's going to bugger up a lot of package holidays.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

That's going to bugger up a lot of package holidays.

People can't be this stupid or can they?

9 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Given that London property / rents etc are sky high compared to the rest of the UK, don't you think companies might have already considered this?

10 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

That puts a monumentally different spin on public support for no deal hard Brexit. It’s likely to be less than 10%

So as it stands in January 2019, the runners and riders are now as folows:

No deal Brexit 10%

Teresa May's deal 35%

A second referendum 53%

Remain in the EU 54%

Can someone explain to me why people are still banging on about leaving the EU being the will of the people?

Certainly not the people being questioned in aii the recent polls. 🙄

5 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

People can't be this stupid or can they?

I'd reckon the percentage roughly corresponded to people who I knew who thought the EU was some devious plot by foreigners to get back at us plucky Brits who had won two world wars all on our own - or summat like that.

Can anyone explain to me how a time limit can be set and limited for the so called backstop.

If it is applied because agreement cannot be reached,surely it must remain effective until these differences are settled.(which on the evidence so far could be years).

If this is the main issue holding up a deal,then it seems to me it requires either the wisdom of Solomon or the cunning of Edmund Blackadder to solve the problem.