The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

2 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

Fortunately the one that was strongly in favour is leaving the EU.

the question is - why is it ‘to many’ (sic) for you? It is clear you don’t understand how the EU works from that statement alone. All it needs is one EU nation against it and it’ll never happen. Now ring a Greek friend.

Don’t have a Greek friend to ring. You are correct when you say I dont fully understand how the EU works and I’m not sure I want to. 

I still think in the future all member states will agree to Turkey joining the EU.

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

Don’t have a Greek friend to ring. You are correct when you say I dont fully understand how the EU works and I’m not sure I want to. 

I still think in the future all member states will agree to Turkey joining the EU.

If they do  eventually agree at some point decades down the line then Turkey will have met all three dozen accession criteria, and will be a modernised democracy. If all that happened there would be nothing to worry about.

Or would there be something to worry about? The people? Different colour skin? Different religion? What would worry you?

3 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

If they do  eventually agree at some point decades down the line then Turkey will have met all three dozen accession criteria, and will be a modernised democracy. If all that happened there would be nothing to worry about.

Or would there be something to worry about? The people? Different colour skin? Different religion? What would worry you?

Free movement.  

Just now, hauxwell said:

Free movement.  

What worries you about that?

10 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

So you have no idea how something works but you have an opinion on it. Are you really as stupid as it sounds?

2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

What worries you about that?

He’ll come back with all immigrants come here to claim benefits. But when told that immigrants are a net benefit to the economy he’ll be there acting like a goldfish. 

1 hour ago, ez8004 said:

You showed another example of an ill informed or uneducated Leave supporter. 

The demonising of the Leave voter continues.

Such comments only serve to confirm that those who voted against the instructions of a powerful and wealthy establishment Remainer elite of politicians, big business CEO's, investment banks and an endless array of 'experts' and celebrities are being attacked by those who know little of the lives and lived experiences of the victims of Westminster/Brussels inspired globalisation and Neoliberalism.

7 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

So you have no idea how something works but you have an opinion on it. Are you really as stupid as it sounds?

I have seen  the problems it has caused.  

Im surprised you want to even answer my post. An uneducated person who voted for Brexit.

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

I have seen  the problems it has caused.  

Im surprised you want to even answer my post. An uneducated person who voted for Brexit.

What problems did it cause?

2 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The demonising of the Leave voter continues.

Such comments only serve to confirm that those who voted against the instructions of a powerful and wealthy establishment Remainer elite of politicians, big business CEO's, investment banks and an endless array of 'experts' and celebrities are being attacked by those who know little of the lives and lived experiences of the victims of Westminster/Brussels inspired globalisation and Neoliberalism.

Demonisation or education?

Very different things.

6 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

What problems did it cause?

The irony that Sheffield itself has benefited greatly from the EU development fund is quite funny. Oh wait so did the South West and Wales. 

This has reminded me of this

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/cornwall-lose-eu-funding-uk-government-replace-brexit-latest-dclg-request-down-julian-german-a7603921.html%3famp

Stupid Leave voters are absolutely bricking it now in Cornwall. Let grab my tea and laugh. 

Edited by ez8004

13 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

He’ll come back with all immigrants come here to claim benefits. But when told that immigrants are a net benefit to the economy he’ll be there acting like a goldfish. 

14 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

2 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

Fortunately the one that was strongly in favour is leaving the EU.

the question is - why is it ‘to many’ (sic) for you? It is clear you don’t understand how the EU works from that statement alone. All it needs is one EU nation against it and it’ll never happen. Now ring a Greek friend.

How do you know I’m a He?  I’m the one who is uneducated.  

10 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

The irony that Sheffield itself has benefited greatly from the EU development fund is quite funny. Oh wait so did the South West and Wales. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/cornwall-lose-eu-funding-uk-government-replace-brexit-latest-dclg-request-down-julian-german-a7603921.html%3famp

Stupid Leave voters are absolutely bricking it now in Cornwall. Let grab my tea and laugh. 

But we also got a batch of pesky East Europeans in Page Hall

10 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

That some areas benefit more from EU funding is good but let’s not forget why.

The funding often comes because those areas are deemed to be disadvantaged and deprived in some way.

They are not in that state because of the EU, but because of the attitude of successive British governments to regional development.

Leaving the EU does zero to address that. In fact the free market ideology of leading Brexiters promises to make things a whole deal worse, opening British workers up to direct competition from workers all over the world and reducing their human rights and protections at work. 

When we talk about the regions we often mean the towns and cities but Brexiters throw something new into the mix as well: the destruction of the rural economy.

9 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

How do you know I’m a He?  I’m the one who is uneducated.  

When you say ‘free movement’ what do you mean?

Edited by I1L2T3

16 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Not really on two specific points.  Firstly, London funds itself MANY times over.  London contributes nearly 25% of the NATIONAL GDP alone.  If anything, we rely on London funding the rest of the country.

Also, from a population perspective, London getting a large share for development is expected purely because of the amount of people who live there.

As always, you're making statements with no facts to back them up.  

OK.  It's not Londoners who are demonstrating, wishing to reverse the referendum almost every weekend.  

A huge policy of social cleansing is not happening where the poorest are being shipped off up North. 

London does not get everything.  Even HS2 isn't all about improving speeds to serve London business. 

Sheffield does extremely well compared to London in terms of investment from the treasury. 

Dream on mate....