The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

1 minute ago, woodview said:

No, it won't stop it. But it puts it one step closer to being under our control. We are currently just rolling along with the whole process of deeper and deeper globalisation. Unfortunately lots of the people who should be able to see it, have been hoodwinked into thinking it's all about a common-good utopia. It isn't.

I don't think globalisation can be stopped. An individual in the West might be able to make choices that might mitigate their own impact on it but short of a huge global pandemic or war im not sure it can be stopped. It wont get stopped by us and we wont vote in a government who will even try.

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

If Fox and Mogg had control they would intensify the process of globalisation. That is what a lot of leavers don’t get. Fox wants out of the EU because to him it hinders globalisation. It’s not neoliberal enough for him.

Quite, "chasing the dollar", was *precisely* what all the leave campaigns campaigned on! Unicorns and all!

11 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Because May went for the most stupid option imaginable, driven by red lines designed to keep the right of her party in line so that party unity could be maintained.

It was all about her holding onto office and keeping the Tories in power. The good of the country didn’t come into it.

Both sides in a negotiation have red lines.

13 hours ago, RJRB said:

Somehow I just do not see Jeremy as the tough negotiator that is required.

I really do not get that a General Election does anything to advance Brexit ,although there are many other issues that do need addressing whoever might win.

These will continue to be secondary until some deal is sorted,and this seems  as distant as ever.

Go for a People’s Vote Jeremy and stop pretending that you have a new improved deal that will have a majority backing or is agreed by the EU 27.

The only thing a GE will progress is Jeremy into number 10.

Personally that's all I think he cares about.

If Fox and Mogg had control they would intensify the process of globalisation. That is what a lot of leavers don’t get. Fox wants out of the EU because to him it hinders globalisation. It’s not neoliberal enough for him.

How anybody can imagine that the hard right Brexiteers would stop the globalisation process is beyond me.

I'm sure they would. I don't agree with people like that. We don't live in a black and white world you know.

10 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Quite, "chasing the dollar", was *precisely* what all the leave campaigns campaigned on! Unicorns and all!

It's clear how much support Mogg has. It isn't bringing anything to a sensible discussion. If you want to have one, we can. If you just want to make out people are after the extremes it's clearly a waste of time.

12 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Both sides in a negotiation have red lines.

The EU red lines were clear even before A50 was triggered. They said they would not change and they haven’t changed. Everybody knew they wouldn’t change.

And there is the utter folly of what May chose to do. She failed before she even started.

2 minutes ago, woodview said:

It's clear how much support Mogg has. It isn't bringing anything to a sensible discussion. If you want to have one, we can.

What's the fixation with Mogg? There were many leave campaigns & Brexiteers, all of which (incorrectly) extolled the financial benefits of leaving.

2 minutes ago, woodview said:

If you just want to make out people are after the extremes it's clearly a waste of time.

Yawn, get over yourself! :hihi:

9 minutes ago, woodview said:

I'm sure they would. I don't agree with people like that. We don't live in a black and white world you know.

It's clear how much support Mogg has. It isn't bringing anything to a sensible discussion. If you want to have one, we can. If you just want to make out people are after the extremes it's clearly a waste of time.

Mogg could never PM. 

There are serious  concerns about his business links to Russia

Edited by I1L2T3

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

The EU red lines were clear even before A50 was triggered.

Indeed, given that we knew exactly what the EU's red lines are, then it can only be true that the leave campaigns were lying as the words rolled out of their mouths!

Wonder what would happen if a General Election was called, but the Tories went and won it?!

Wonder what would happen if we held another referendum - let's say with a binary choice along the lines of "Accept TM's current deal" v. "Leave with No Deal" - and No Deal won?!

2 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Wonder what would happen if a General Election was called, but the Tories went and won it?!

I think they would TBH. I haven't seen anything from Labour that convinces me they'd win a GE.

Wonder what would happen if we held another referendum - let's say with a binary choice along the lines of "Accept TM's current deal" v. "Leave with No Deal" - and No Deal won?!

A massive increase in all the problems that led to brexit in the first place most likely, since most of the reasons people voted to leave are actually caused by UK government policy/incompetance.

Edited by Magilla

10 minutes ago, Magilla said:

What's the fixation with Mogg? There were many leave campaigns & Brexiteers, all of which (incorrectly) extolled the financial benefits of leaving.

Yawn, get over yourself! :hihi:

Errr, you brought him up in your post, as you often do????????? As i said, carry on banging on about him and any other whackjobs you can think of, the rest of us will have a sensible discussion.

Mogg could never PM. 

There are serious  concerns about his business links to Russia

Everyone knows. He's irrelevant to the discussion on here. Just discuss what you think and what other posters think. Why keep reverting to him??