Sitting in doctors surgeries

Good grief.   Give it a few years and nobody will have any immune system left because they have never had a chance of building one up with some mild exposure.

Its like these people who are obsessively carrying around little overpriced bottles of anti-bac hand gel, liberally applying it every second they have to touch a door handle or a lift button.   Its rediculous.

Just wash your hands several times a day and particuarly before and after using the loo or during unsanitary jobs.

Germs are everywhere.   Airborne viruses are everywhere.    On the bus, in the theatre, in the office, even (god forbid) in someone's home. 

You cannot live your lives in a hermetically sealed bubble.    Sometimes we catch things and get ill.    Fact of life. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Good grief.   Give it a few years and nobody will have any immune system left because they have never had a chance of building one up with some mild exposure.

Its like these people who are obsessively carrying around little overpriced bottles of anti-bac hand gel, liberally applying it every second they have to touch a door handle or a lift button.   Its rediculous.

Just wash your hands several times a day and particuarly before and after using the loo or during unsanitary jobs.

Germs are everywhere.   Airborne viruses are everywhere.    On the bus, in the theatre, in the office, even (god forbid) in someone's home. 

You cannot live your lives in a hermetically sealed bubble.    Sometimes we catch things and get ill.    Fact of life. 

Ive seen people after using toilets in pubs and in the asda  not washing their hands.   Arrrrrgh! :gag:

The Japanese use masks when they are ill to prevent spreading what they have. It is a cultural thing. It can’t be mandated or enforced. 

Just stop letting Ill people into the doctors. Less contagion, shorter waiting times. Win, win. Simple.

8 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

The Japanese use masks when they are ill to prevent spreading what they have. It is a cultural thing. It can’t be mandated or enforced. 

And of course the ironic thing is that the paper masks used are generally totally ineffective at preventing airborne virus, bacteria and spores from entering the airways.  You're far more likely to pick up a disease from holding a handrail or door handle which has been held by someone holding a tissue that they've sneezed into than you are by breathing near them (with or without a mask).

3 hours ago, medusa said:

You'd do better not touching surfaces, getting into the habit of not touching your face and being diligent with hand washing after being in public (including a doctors' surgery).  More viruses are spread through contact transfer than in the air.

Most doctors surgeries  now have the touch screens to check in and touch screens have been tested to harbor  more germs than we would imagine.

The N95 mask is reputed to be effective. More information here. Being a carer for someone with widespread immune deficiency I look for a space away from other people or ask the staff to find somewhere suitable to sit.

Edited by Jomie

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

No!  only in doctors surgeries.  :loopy:

I can remember when there were ashtrays in doctor's offices and on the doctor's desk and nobody felt any worse when they left. Our immune systems have been destroyed by too many unnecessary antibiotics and too many preservatives in food. That's my thoughts on the matter. As a kid, I would pick up and smoke tab ends off the street, eat all kinds of unwashed foods from allotments, orchards and farmers' fields and was hardly ever sick.

Edited by Ontarian1981

A couple of years ago I tried to buy some face masks but I couldn't  get them any where, even Boots told me they didn't  sell them.

2 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I can remember when there were ashtrays in doctor's offices and on the doctor's desk and nobody felt any worse when they left. Our immune systems have been destroyed by too many unnecessary antibiotics and too many preservatives in food. That's my thoughts on the matter. As a kid, I would pick up and smoke tab ends off the street, eat all kinds of unwashed foods from allotments,orchards and farmers fields and was hardly ever sick.

Hmm,  food for thought.

There might be a grain of truth in that but most people with an impaired immune system have underlying disease. Sometimes it is the treatment that causes the problem eg anti rejection drugs, chemotherapy, steroids.  

Age is Im sure a big part,  the older you get  the illnesses come easy but bloody hard to get rid off especially the common cold which as we know can trigger off other worse stuff.

There are a lot of folks out there that don’t cover their mouths after sneezing/coughing, don’t use a tissue to blow their nose and go around sniffing with a dripping runny nose, don’t wash their hands after using the toilet and (worst of all) spit on pavements. All disgusting and germ spreading habits.