Anyone from the village of handsworth

Hi Steve ,I knew your first name but couldn't remember your surname think its Taylor. Yes we had some good laughs back then.yes remember them now.things are fine for me how's you hope you're keeping well.

Hi Graham yes it is Taylor I am ok thanks glad to hear you are ok did u help out brunsmere for a while both my lads played for handsworth and I thought I saw u up there but did not have time for a chat

No I I didn't help up there but I was up there a few times cus both played for different teams one played with brunsmere for a few games then moved onto young owls ,junior blades and millers the other one played for chapeltown juniors so I was up there a bit really

Yes I remember Albert swallow nice man,and yes all the names have come back to me now, I was a big mate of graham Wharton Andy fearn .im graham elson .can you remember Malcolm verity he was the manager and the other guy was a helped start them up was a guy called ted I can't think of his surname. Also a lad called tats

Hi Bladefellow. Did you have red hair and live on Bramley?

Hi Helen how are you ?

Good thanks. Surprised you remember me -long time ago

Yes it was a long time ago .Didn't you live down near triangle estate ?

Does anyone remember ELSIE she collected glasses in the turf (has well as other things) also I remember putting drinks on top of jukebox they some got knocked over the jukebox would go off for the night . We had some great nights in the turf ,Norfolk ,new crown ,cross keys

---------- Post added 04-12-2016 at 15:39 ----------

George Shutt is no longer with us he died two year ago . Do you remember the Norfolk darts team players as well

Hi alba,I can't remember Elsie but we had some good nites in norfolk turf old crown new crown x keys .give me a clue who you are please

Edited by bladefellow

Does anyone remember ELSIE she collected glasses in the turf (has well as other things) also I remember putting drinks on top of jukebox they some got knocked over the jukebox would go off for the night . We had some great nights in the turf ,Norfolk ,new crown ,cross keys

---------- Post added 04-12-2016 at 15:39 ----------

George Shutt is no longer with us he died two year ago . Do you remember the Norfolk darts team players as well

Yes I remember Elsie, you couldn't put you glass down fast enough before she took it away.

Do you remember old George from the X keys, he was the glass collector there. Frank and Connie sometimes used to let him kip overnight near the dartboard in the tap room alcove. You could always tell when he was kipping there as he used to back the coal fire up round about closing time.

And don't forget Ray Barton. He was a good barman and a friend to all.:)