Anyone from the village of handsworth

Great pics Marx, Oh the responsabilities of a Vice Capt in 69 harder than the ones I had in the Army lol. I lived on the Flockton and knocked arount Handsworth, Triangle and Woodhouse mainly, youth clubs, cross keys, club to name a few at 15/16. Good times, good friends and lovely girls as I remember.

My dad would have gone to Handsworth Grange or Beevor Hill as it was back then. He started 1965 I think. His name was Stephen Carter and he had an older brother David. They lived on Ballifield Rise. My mum went there aswel Rita Summerhayes. I remember my dad on about Mrs Meridith she was on some sort of documentry once about the old school days.

I know Graham Summerhayes from my drinking days in the Evo. I used to work behind the bar for a while when I was 18 for a short while, to supplement my apprentice plumbers wage before I joined the Army. Yes I went to Handworth infant, Athelston and Brook left in 74. However everyone round Flockton, Ballifield, Handsworth and the Evo would know my Dad Al.

I know Graham Summerhayes from my drinking days in the Evo. I used to work behind the bar for a while when I was 18 for a short while, to supplement my apprentice plumbers wage before I joined the Army. Yes I went to Handworth infant, Athelston and Brook left in 74. However everyone round Flockton, Ballifield, Handsworth and the Evo would know my Dad Al.

Yes I know little Al and I know the Summerhayes I also know you Sarah but you wouldn't remember me. My Daughter and grandson used to live across the road from you remember Paul used to play with your brother?

Edited by SILLY

Yes I know little Al and I know the Summerhayes I also know you Sarah but you wouldn't remember me. My Daughter and grandson used to live across the road from you remember Paul used to play with your brother?

Yeah I do remember :-) Hope you are well. Don't know if you remember my dad. Lost him 2 years ago. Mum still lives there.

Yeah grahams my mums brother. My dad and all them used to go Everest.

who was the lad that lived in the everest? he was a mate of mine from the mid 80s but i cant remember his name

all i remember, he was into skinhead stuff and had a large union jack flag on his wall?

Does anyone remember handsworth in the 1970s the rec ,oak house choppy ,youth club at parish centre ,handsworth infant school

Yes / oakhouse chippy / think moore and wrights were still open great for kids my mate tony still runs scouts better days in my opinion. We used to run a good fishing club from Norfolk Arms :hihi

Edited by spider1

Yes I remember them all. Youth club opened in 1967 and me and my friends used to go then until top rank opened and we thought it was better. Handsworth infants knocked down now and some houses built.Rec and oak house chippy still there

Roger Ryalls managed it I played football for them I was in there most nights who ran fishing club

Edited by alba

Roger Ryalls managed it I played football for them I was in there most nights who ran fishing club

Some of the fishing club were Derek Hogg . Dave sutton. Dave Whitley , John Bradley, John Willows, John Wainright, Dave Hobson [mucker ] Joe Chaplin. that i remember :hihi::hihi:

Edited by spider1