Anyone from the village of handsworth

I was Handsworth in the 80's, went to Ballifield School. Moved to Aughton is 1991.

Blade fellow you may know me as KIM s I lived on hall road when I got married I lived on finchwelll road next door to Ray Barton. I'm mels brother do you know me who are you

Edited by alba
Wrong spelling

I'm graham elson bob batty mate I remember you . How's your meal getting on?

Sorry cannot remember you bladefellow MEL is fine thanks

Heard turf is shut down for good and going to be an Indian or pizza place. Anyone know if that's true? There ll be no pubs left soon

Not heard about turf but in our village there was 12 pubs now only 6 left

Yes - where I am 3 have shut down in last 2 years

Where do you live now bladefellow.Is there anyone out there from handsworth that can share there memories do you remember Badgers farm,handsworth nunnery coal mine,qualcut, did you go to any of the schools,the other shops before the asda,the youth club under the Methodist church,anyone play football,cricket on the rec. is there anybody that has lived in Handsworth all ther lives,can anyone remember the Saturday morning matinee at the PLAZA WHEN IT WAS A CINEMA or they gave away Easter eggs

Edited by alba

I live at high green I'm a bit older than you I was telling bob batty about you last week and he said you were about 5yrs younger than us I remember all those places you said.. I went to Athelstan then to brook school.i played footie on the rec I played for handsworth social on there. Played for norfolk then onto turf . I used to live behind the plaza on the Bramley estate

Edited by bladefellow

I moved from Swallownest to Driffield near Bridlington in 1966 then to Malaysia in 2006

I had long connections with Handsworth, my cousins Christine and Michael Brooks lived on Ballified and went to Ballifield School about 1951 to 1958. My father had Crest Service Station from 1967 to 1982/3 - Victor Hutchinson

He was a regular in the local pubs in an evening from the Old Crown right down to the one near the triangle whose name currently escapes me - spent many a long lunchtime there myself

Remember going to the Plaza Cinema when it was a cinema, and many many more things

Best Wishes to Handsworth - Victor Marshall Hutchinson - Subang Jaya, near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - summer every day of the year, no seasons, low cost living, 9-40am and already 93 degrees

I remember the Turf of course when the Morris's had it and when Mrs Morris use to play the piano

---------- Post added 16-12-2016 at 09:45 ----------

Bladefellow

Do you remeber my ex wifes brother in law working there - Denis Phoenix who died quite young from cancer after putting on mega weight - originally a bus conductor