Sheffield peregrine falcons

Please post any sightings here, i don't pass the site as often as i used to but i did spot a male on the perch just before Christmas.

We did see the male on the side of his perch at the church on Thursday the 10 of Jan  at about 1330 hrs

22 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Follow them every year one young bird settled down at Wakefield and had a good cluch 👍

Followed them last year for the first time - it became quite addictive ! Can't wait to see them again this year.

I took a fantastic screens hot with all the three last chicks ,all looking straight into the camera,I watched all the last clutch of eggs hatch then followed them until they fled the nest, fabulous  .

16 hours ago, Jen17 said:

Followed them last year for the first time - it became quite addictive ! Can't wait to see them again this year.

I also followed them for the first time last year and I have to agree with you about it becoming addictive.  I didn’t always enjoy watching meal times.

I have noticed a lot more activity of late, there is a bird in the nest box now, looks like its digging out a scrape and she is also looking as if she's trying to lay an egg.

Isn't it too soon??

Some activity in the nest box 1.34pm. Looks like cleaning time for the parents to be

One on the ledge right now (15.54, 18 Jan)

Oh!

And a couple of cranes in view to boot! 😉

On 23/02/2019 at 11:43, Bradley-St said:

Webcam shows one on the perch now

One there now surveying the view of sunny Sheffield. 

There is one say on the perch now doing the same as what taxman said yesterday, surveying the city, or could it be it’s next meal?