'set for life' - new lottery game.

Camelot are starting a new Lotto game this March at £1.50 a time with you choosing from 47 balls. 

The difference?  The top prize, 5 balls & a bonus ball, (from 10 balls) wins you £10k per month for a maximum of 30 years or £3.6 million if you live that long.  Don't think I'll bother then.

Clearly with all the changes to the main game & the increases in the cost of the lines, appears that Camelot not making enough & are now trying to target a younger demographic? 

Me? I'll stick to my one line on the main lotto game, down from spending £10 when it first started.  

Prefer to bet on the Irish lottery at the bookies.  £1 & 3 numbers come up from 47 balls, wins £725. 

By the way with the new Camelot game, get 3 numbers for your £1.50 & you'll win £20.

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

Camelot only have until 2023 left of the contract. 

Maybe they want to create a difficult financial obligation for whoever takes over the contract.

Regardless of that,  a lot can happen in a short time. Businesses can go under.  Does the government underwrite stuff like this?

Edited by Janus

20 minutes ago, Janus said:

Camelot only have until 2023 left of the contract. 

Maybe they want to create a difficult financial obligation for whoever takes over the contract.

Regardless of that,  a lot can happen in a short time. Businesses can go under.  Does the government underwrite stuff like this?

It will just have a lump sum invested to produce that return.

In terms of the OP, it depends on what you are like as a person. I have no interest in gambling on the lottery to win a few hundred pounds. It's a lovely some of money for sure , but the excitement for me has been the life changing type prizes.