The will to win-the blades have it..

Another victory and against a contender, It's looking good for the blades still!

12 hours ago, speedy69 said:

Another victory and against a contender, It's looking good for the blades still!

I"m confident Blades WILL get promoted, sadly I think they will then do a Huddersfield, but hey ho a season in the Prem will do for me.. Stick a tenner on Blades to get relegated, and Owls to replace em.

18 minutes ago, Padders said:

I"m confident Blades WILL get promoted, sadly I think they will then do a Huddersfield, but hey ho a season in the Prem will do for me.. Stick a tenner on Blades to get relegated, and Owls to replace em.

Best way to be fair. I wouldn't be too keen on us fighting relegation every season in the prem, I'd take being a yo yo team over just making the numbers up

25 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Best way to be fair. I wouldn't be too keen on us fighting relegation every season in the prem, I'd take being a yo yo team over just making the numbers up

My feelings exactly no fun being there and hanging on every season.Being a yo yo team has it's advantages with parachute payments etc .I try to be realistic there is no way we can compete with the big guys and if being mid table is classed as success in the prem being a yo yo team is much better.Besides I am no lover of the prem the Championship in my view is much better.

12 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

My feelings exactly no fun being there and hanging on every season.Being a yo yo team has it's advantages with parachute payments etc .I try to be realistic there is no way we can compete with the big guys and if being mid table is classed as success in the prem being a yo yo team is much better.Besides I am no lover of the prem the Championship in my view is much better.

Don"t be a defeatist Chas, you"ve done it before, and can do it again.. its called AMBITION.

16 minutes ago, Padders said:

Don"t be a defeatist Chas, you"ve done it before, and can do it again.. its called AMBITION.

Thanks Padders for the encouragement mate but after watching them for over 50 years realism is a gift not a negative when supporting the Blades .It gives you the strength to brush off disappointment like brushing off dandruff of your shoulders.😂.If we had a multi national organisation with bottomless funds then yes I could see us being a powerful force in the prem but we do not have that .Just being in there and fighting to survive every year is not an attractive prospect .The prem is getting as predictable as Scottish football well perhaps not that bad but you know who out of six clubs are going to win everything.I would find it boring playing every week knowing you are playing for nothing apart from making up the numbers.Can not see the point in it really.Much rather have a season like we have where every match is vital in trying to get to the prem .It is after we get there that the boredom might set in.

10 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Thanks Padders for the encouragement mate but after watching them for over 50 years realism is a gift not a negative when supporting the Blades .It gives you the strength to brush off disappointment like brushing off dandruff of your shoulders.😂.If we had a multi national organisation with bottomless funds then yes I could see us being a powerful force in the prem but we do not have that .Just being in there and fighting to survive every year is not an attractive prospect .The prem is getting as predictable as Scottish football well perhaps not that bad but you know who out of six clubs are going to win everything.I would find it boring playing every week knowing you are playing for nothing apart from making up the numbers.Can not see the point in it really.Much rather have a season like we have where every match is vital in trying to get to the prem .It is after we get there that the boredom might set in.

Ha Ha Ha,  is it..... have a look at Fort William, Highland league... played 25, won 0, drawn 2, lost 23..goals for 23, goals against 176... they got a good result yesterday, only lost 6-0. and you think you"ve got problems. :hihi:

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Ha Ha Ha,  is it..... have a look at Fort William, Highland league... played 25, won 0, drawn 2, lost 23..goals for 23, goals against 176... they got a good result yesterday, only lost 6-0. and you think you"ve got problems. :hihi:

Well you have to admire them turning up every week .The only thing I can think of is there must be a good boozer near by .

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Need to give Jos a call, for advice on how to get 10 men behind the ball!

7 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Agree with all that. It would take a chairman like city or Chelsea have to even come close to touching the top 6 and now with the FFP coming in it's not like club's can spend like they did before to make it.

23 hours ago, speedy69 said:

Sounds as if you are still waiting for the bubble to burst.  Well you have a chance to bust it next week

UTB

23 hours ago, speedy69 said:

Leeds came unstuck tonight and playing Friday night so they may fall away from the push for the top two

The OWLS game and the LEEDS game are  where we want all three points  UTB