The will to win-the blades have it..

On 18/03/2019 at 21:39, Padders said:

Back on form Pet,  lost 12-1. Saturday. had to mention it.

You have to admire them for turning up every week.In years from now they will find it amusing.

Thought I would update this as United's form has took a turn for the worse.

It seems that United have hit the 3 fatal floors needed for poor results:

1) Lack of form

2) Injuries and suspensions

3) Bad luck

Form seems to have gone out of the window, Norwood (by all accounts) cant find a pass for love nor money, Fleck has become an ineffective passenger in games and a tight, effective defence has become anything but this.

Injuries and suspensions have hit United hard (like Wednesday the last 2 seasons) Egan's suspension and Bashams injury have left them short of defensive cover, the biggest loss is Sharp as you will now have to rely on a aging Mc Goldrick (by all accounts Madine and Hogan aren't cutting it)

Bad luck is a funny one, you take the good with the bad, by all accounts there was a foul before Millwall's goal yesterday and Wilder remonstrated with the referee  (which could lead to a fine or touch line ban) I think you just have to get on with it and believe that the luck will even itself out.

Will United re-find the will to win to enable them to push for automatics or take momentum into the play-offs? who knows, but they will have to do this quickly as the season is at risk of becoming a damp squib (like Wednesday's) 

6 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

Thought I would update this as United's form has took a turn for the worse.

It seems that United have hit the 3 fatal floors needed for poor results:

1) Lack of form

2) Injuries and suspensions

3) Bad luck

Form seems to have gone out of the window, Norwood (by all accounts) cant find a pass for love nor money, Fleck has become an ineffective passenger in games and a tight, effective defence has become anything but this.

Injuries and suspensions have hit United hard (like Wednesday the last 2 seasons) Egan's suspension and Bashams injury have left them short of defensive cover, the biggest loss is Sharp as you will now have to rely on a aging Mc Goldrick (by all accounts Madine and Hogan aren't cutting it)

Bad luck is a funny one, you take the good with the bad, by all accounts there was a foul before Millwall's goal yesterday and Wilder remonstrated with the referee  (which could lead to a fine or touch line ban) I think you just have to get on with it and believe that the luck will even itself out.

Will United re-find the will to win to enable them to push for automatics or take momentum into the play-offs? who knows, but they will have to do this quickly as the season is at risk of becoming a damp squib (like Wednesday's) 

Spot on Speedy, Blades have had a fantastic season, although I think they may have over achieved .. When teams are so evenly matched as in the Championship, then luck plays a massive part.. 

Well the will to win has seen United through (coupled with Leeds giving them a helping hand) I think the will to win wont be enough next season, Wilder will have to splash out the 40k a week (if allowed) to bring in the correct personnel, I would imagine that the team will be disbanded and maybe more ins and outs than Wednesday.

The big test for Wilder is that he brings in players with the 'will to win' and not one season mercenary's (as others have done before) 

9 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

Well the will to win has seen United through (coupled with Leeds giving them a helping hand) I think the will to win wont be enough next season, Wilder will have to splash out the 40k a week (if allowed) to bring in the correct personnel, I would imagine that the team will be disbanded and maybe more ins and outs than Wednesday.

The big test for Wilder is that he brings in players with the 'will to win' and not one season mercenary's (as others have done before) 

I thought you had emigrated speedy .I don't know what we would have done without Leeds help😂.I also think you are so wrong when you think that chucking loads of money is the answer to keeping in the prem .Fulham have spent 100mill and are on the way back to the championship Bolton,Sunderland,Stoke ,Swansea,Cardiff have all gone that route I prefer the Bournemouth ,Brighton route spending sensibly and lasting much longer than those who get them selves into mega debt thinking they are big guys going through money like it is going out of fashion.Why do you think Wilder will disband this team? again the wrong way he will keep most of them and add to them sensible like he has done in the past.This team has a lot of pub team players who won the league one title and I also think they will be there next year to.Wilder is so much like the Bournemouth manager who took a lot of league one players with him to the prem .As for him signing mercenary's there is no chance of that Wilder is not a successful manager by doing what others do he is successful for NOT doing what others do.He is a born winner who has done a proper apprenticeship in football management and is his own man and only buys players after he has vetted them not just as a footballer but as a person.Anyway I wanted to congratulate you for at last getting one of your predictions right at last.When at the beginning of last season when you and a number of Owls supporters said we would not last long in the championship well you are right.Well done.

1 minute ago, petcharlie said:

I thought you had emigrated speedy .I don't know what we would have done without Leeds help😂.I also think you are so wrong when you think that chucking loads of money is the answer to keeping in the prem .Fulham have spent 100mill and are on the way back to the championship Bolton,Sunderland,Stoke ,Swansea,Cardiff have all gone that route I prefer the Bournemouth ,Brighton route spending sensibly and lasting much longer than those who get them selves into mega debt thinking they are big guys going through money like it is going out of fashion.Why do you think Wilder will disband this team? again the wrong way he will keep most of them and add to them sensible like he has done in the past.This team has a lot of pub team players who won the league one title and I also think they will be there next year to.Wilder is so much like the Bournemouth manager who took a lot of league one players with him to the prem .As for him signing mercenary's there is no chance of that Wilder is not a successful manager by doing what others do he is successful for NOT doing what others do.He is a born winner who has done a proper apprenticeship in football management and is his own man and only buys players after he has vetted them not just as a footballer but as a person.Anyway I wanted to congratulate you for at last getting one of your predictions right at last.When at the beginning of last season when you and a number of Owls supporters said we would not last long in the championship well you are right.Well done.

Let's get that final win next week and see what Villa do against Norwich.

Wilder won't go mad with spending, as you say Charlie, he has a very stringent check list of player attributes.

I know Charlie does"nt care much for Premiership  football, but every season they survive will be a victory, every match will be a battle.

Go for it Blades, but please don"t do a Fort William.

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

I know Charlie does"nt care much for Premiership  football, but every season they survive will be a victory, every match will be a battle.

Go for it Blades, but please don"t do a Fort William.

My god it can't get that bad can it?You are right mate I do not like the prem but handled correctly it is a gold mine on the other hand spending  like a idiot it can ruin a club putting it back years.I do not think Wilder will let that happen.

7 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

My god it can't get that bad can it?You are right mate I do not like the prem but handled correctly it is a gold mine on the other hand spending  like a idiot it can ruin a club putting it back years.I do not think Wilder will let that happen.

No chance whats so ever of that happening, been supporting Blades (and all local clubs) for 60+yrs. never known the Blades splash the cash, its a well managed club, getting in the Prem. is a massive bonus.. seem to remember the Owls splashing out on Di Canio, Cabone, and others.. look where that landed them, owing about 40million or summat, took em years to clear that debt, and nearly went into administration .

Not going to happen at the lane.

On 28/04/2019 at 11:19, Padders said:

No chance whats so ever of that happening, been supporting Blades (and all local clubs) for 60+yrs. never known the Blades splash the cash, its a well managed club, getting in the Prem. is a massive bonus.. seem to remember the Owls splashing out on Di Canio, Cabone, and others.. look where that landed them, owing about 40million or summat, took em years to clear that debt, and nearly went into administration .

Not going to happen at the lane.

Could happen. Say United are in trouble by xmas, lacking goals, Sharp injured or whatever, Will Wilder just let it happen or spend ? 

46 minutes ago, redbig said:

Could happen. Say United are in trouble by xmas, lacking goals, Sharp injured or whatever, Will Wilder just let it happen or spend ? 

Chairman has already said, on camera, that Chris Wilder will have the budget to keep us in the Premier League, and Chris Wilder has already said, on camera, that he is only looking at adding to the existing team.  Four or five players I would suspect. 

45 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Chairman has already said, on camera, that Chris Wilder will have the budget to keep us in the Premier League, and Chris Wilder has already said, on camera, that he is only looking at adding to the existing team.  Four or five players I would suspect. 

Yes but I'm on about gambling at Christmas if things aren't going well. Do you do a Huddersfield and let it happen ? Not saying it will