The will to win-the blades have it..

20 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Leeds came unstuck tonight and playing Friday night so they may fall away from the push for the top two

The OWLS game and the LEEDS game are  where we want all three points  UTB

The blades must be praying for a draw on Friday, any other result ramps up the pressure for Monday!

3 hours ago, speedy69 said:

The blades must be praying for a draw on Friday, any other result ramps up the pressure for Monday!

Sorry mate but we are playing for 3pts EVERY game and that is the only way to get promoted

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 15:10, petcharlie said:

Well you have to admire them turning up every week .The only thing I can think of is there must be a good boozer near by .

Oh dear, last night.....Fort William  0. Brora Rangers  11.

7 hours ago, Padders said:

Oh dear, last night.....Fort William  0. Brora Rangers  11.

Oh they are getting better then I see.🤣

On 27/02/2019 at 22:24, barry-333 said:

Sorry mate but we are playing for 3pts EVERY game and that is the only way to get promoted

Correct.  There's no added pressure just because Leeds won last night.  We will deal with Leeds when that time comes - in about 2 weeks.  For now all we concentrate on is beating the team in front of us.  And as you have said, we aim to win every game.  We only have one way of playing in that respect.  I do hope United can make up for not deservedly thrashing Wednesday earlier in the season.  I don't think  I can tolerate seeing the Wednesday fans celebrating another draw like they've just won the World Cup!:mrgreen:

Edited by DerbyTup

My opinion

Leeds and Norwich to go up.

I believe Sheffield Wednesday and United are two teams similar to Derby.

They are all big clubs with fantastic support base but will always fall short when it counts

DERBY are doing their annual slip up at the end of the season which may allow Wednesday into the playoffs

Who knows in the play offs Wednesday and United could meet in the initial 2 legs

I think West Brom will make promotion via the playoffs despite recent defeats to united and Leeds

Edited by rogets

On 16/02/2019 at 19:52, petcharlie said:

The big thing that could unhinge utd is that court case.

It will only get more acrimonious if the level of improvement continues.

2 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

What pressure?? "The will to win - the blades have it"......😂😂😂 Have your thoughts changed merely because you lot have won a couple of games on the bounce??

Every game in this league could be considered to have a degree of pressure.....Last weeks games against West Brom (a better team than you lot) could have been considered to have had more than it's fair share of pressure, but we turned them over. 

We are a top of the league outfit, we are supposed to feel pressure......But surprisingly we don't feel it half as much as we should!

To quote Chris Wilder.... "Our boys don't need motivation, we will go toe to toe with anyone"......You lot are just another team coming up against a team of players who want to do a job on everyone! The don't fear you........Chris Wilder we keep their heads on the task at end. 

What pressure?

I think you are confusing the will with the way, the pressure is on (regardless of what Wilder says) United are now going  punch for punch with Leeds and Norwich, It's all about who blinks first.

United have enough to prevail I think but they have a 3 derbys coming up (3 levellers if you like) Wilder needs to find a bit of humility to get them home!

2 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Because you are a footballing expert who knows the inside of Sheffield United's camp?

Exactly, you know nothing!.......You've won a few games against AVERAGE teams. We are a completely different calibre! 

Concentrate on your own team rather than making assumptions on ours. 

Well this is a first, I've been criticised  for saying good things about a rival-you cant make it up 😂

Well it was evident that last night the will wavered slightly. Now, I've seen United quite a few times on the box this season and they have never played like they did last night, they seemed to lump diagonal balls into the box for Madine to get on the end of and it wasn't working. Has Wilder changed tactics to justify the Madine signing?

To back this up you looked much better when McGoldrick came on and showed more for the ball, this brought your midfielders into the game and Sharp got more touches in this period than he did the rest of the game, I think it's time that United got back to the 'tried and tested' or possibly wave automatics goodbye! 

1 hour ago, speedy69 said:

Well it was evident that last night the will wavered slightly. Now, I've seen United quite a few times on the box this season and they have never played like they did last night, they seemed to lump diagonal balls into the box for Madine to get on the end of and it wasn't working. Has Wilder changed tactics to justify the Madine signing?

To back this up you looked much better when McGoldrick came on and showed more for the ball, this brought your midfielders into the game and Sharp got more touches in this period than he did the rest of the game, I think it's time that United got back to the 'tried and tested' or possibly wave automatics goodbye! 

I agree

1 shot on target is the telling stat.We normally average half a dozen.