The will to win-the blades have it..

6 hours ago, Grappler said:

Winning a game when not at 100% is a good sign.  We should have scored 3 yesterday, but only had 1, and our keeper had virtually nothing to do.

Just a few tweaks to the team have changed us dramatically; Oli Norwood (an absolute steal at 2 million quid), John Egan (as solid a defender as you will ever find) and David McGoldrick, a real footballing brain, link up play is fantastic and he can score goals.

Chris Wilder and Alan Knill can get the best out of any player, and I think (as much as I dislike him as a person, due to his past misdemeanors) they are going to have Gary Madine playing the best football of his life. 

1989 - Leeds go up to (the old) Division one, as champions, on goal difference, Sheffield United in second place, could it happen again? 

I have had a bet with a Unitedite mate that United will finish above Leeds, whether that will be good enough only time will tell!

a leeds  fans said we  were overated   stats dont lie i told him  big games coming up  now 19  to go 35  40 points will take 2nd place 

1 hour ago, speedy69 said:

I have had a bet with a Unitedite mate that United will finish above Leeds, whether that will be good enough only time will tell!

Disappointed in you Speedy, giving a blade a win-win.  ☹️

Problem is, our record against other teams in the top 10 in the table isn't brilliant. We are pretty consistent against mid to lower table teams. We've got a lot of the better sides away from home still to come including form team Hull, Norwich, Baggies, Leeds, Villa. 

Top six is more realistic. 

19 hours ago, Grappler said:

Winning a game when not at 100% is a good sign.  We should have scored 3 yesterday, but only had 1, and our keeper had virtually nothing to do.

Just a few tweaks to the team have changed us dramatically; Oli Norwood (an absolute steal at 2 million quid), John Egan (as solid a defender as you will ever find) and David McGoldrick, a real footballing brain, link up play is fantastic and he can score goals.

Chris Wilder and Alan Knill can get the best out of any player, and I think (as much as I dislike him as a person, due to his past misdemeanors) they are going to have Gary Madine playing the best football of his life. 

1989 - Leeds go up to (the old) Division one, as champions, on goal difference, Sheffield United in second place, could it happen again? 

I didn't realise we only came behind them,on goal difference ? They hammered us 5-1 towards the end of the season

United have done it again, one of the reservations I had about United was strength in depth, I think that one has been answered today. It seems like only thing that can stop United getting automatics is United. A big game coming up (West Brom) and a defeat could swing it in there favour (with a game in hand) but they are inconsistent and I fully expect the blades to grab a draw at the least!

1 hour ago, speedy69 said:

United have done it again, one of the reservations I had about United was strength in depth, I think that one has been answered today. It seems like only thing that can stop United getting automatics is United. A big game coming up (West Brom) and a defeat could swing it in there favour (with a game in hand) but they are inconsistent and I fully expect the blades to grab a draw at the least!

The big thing that could unhinge utd is that court case.

The only thing we should be in fear of us is ourselves.

Have that belief that we have been expressing in recent weeks and it will all turn out fine.

We have quite a tough run in. Both Hull and Preston away, Bristol, Leeds, Baggies and Wednesday tô come. We do have strength in depth. No pressure to rush Jack O'Connel or Baldock back, Bash should be fresh after his two game suspension. Dowell and McGoldrick rested yesterday, Madine looking superb. Billy also rested yesterday. Freeman slotted back in, Cranie sound. Hogan has something to prove. 

I think Egan is key at the back, never seems to make a mistake. Fleck and Norwood...well

Only ever present is Henderson I think. Have to hope he doesn't get injured

Two results may have undone us unfortunately, Villa away, 3-0 up with 10 minutes left and Leeds home when Henderson blew a gasket and more or less scored an own goal

3 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Two results may have undone us unfortunately, Villa away, 3-0 up with 10 minutes left and Leeds home when Henderson blew a gasket and more or less scored an own goal

They won't help but plenty more points to play for and other than Norwich I don't think any of the other promotion chasers are anything special. I'd be amazed if we even get a point against you at the moment

I thought Cranie had a good game, Hogan has pace and gets into good positions and Madine was outstanding.  

4 minutes ago, Grappler said:

I thought Cranie had a good game, Hogan has pace and gets into good positions and Madine was outstanding.  

Every thing on the playing side could not be better thanks to our superb manager who picks up players who are ordinary and makes them outstanding .A lot of the guys who started out in non league footy are within reach of the Prem league.No wonder they seem to be enjoying them selves it must be a dream come true for them.The way the fringe players fitted in yesterday was so pleasing to rest 5 players (some injured Bash banned) INCLUDING OUR FRONT TWO WHO HAVE BEEN ON FIRE and play like they did is superb and very reassuring to know we have such players ready to step in .What a headache for Wilder in respect of his selection for the next match which of course will be a much stiffer test.Lots of tough matches coming up but we now know we have such depth in reserve which may be needed.