The will to win-the blades have it..

This post brings me no happiness but I have to applaud United for having the will to win.

By all account they weren't at there best today but had the craft and guile to sneak the odd goal and see the game out  (as they have for a few games this season) I now believe that they will be promoted this season (automatics) as there are no better teams in or around the top 6 (I include Leeds who I believe will drop off)

As for my own side, as much as we have improved since the hapless Jos departed, I still think that we don't believe enough, we are now in the position of being 'too good to go down, not good enough to go up' this is probably the worse place to be at this time of the season but I cant see it changing in any way.

Good luck Steve Bruce-you will need it!

5 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

This post brings me no happiness but I have to applaud United for having the will to win.

By all account they weren't at there best today but had the craft and guile to sneak the odd goal and see the game out  (as they have for a few games this season) I now believe that they will be promoted this season (automatics) as there are no better teams in or around the top 6 (I include Leeds who I believe will drop off)

As for my own side, as much as we have improved since the hapless Jos departed, I still think that we don't believe enough, we are now in the position of being 'too good to go down, not good enough to go up' this is probably the worse place to be at this time of the season but I cant see it changing in any way.

Speedy have you caught a bug off Hots .He was sounding very strange early on today to .Are you an imposter?Go and have a lie down mate hots will move up the bed for you.Seriously much respect is coming your way it can not be easy being a die hard owl and having to come out with that.Hope you have not put the mockers on it but as you know I am not a lover on the Prem having said that one year to fill the till with cash would not be bad as long as it keeps in the clubs account and does not disappear.There is still time for the Blades to shoot them selves in the foot like they usually do the main threat coming in the court rooms of London in the not to distant future.

6 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Speedy have you caught a bug off Hots .He was sounding very strange early on today to .Are you an imposter?Go and have a lie down mate hots will move up the bed for you.Seriously much respect is coming your way it can not be easy being a die hard owl and having to come out with that.Hope you have not put the mockers on it but as you know I am not a lover on the Prem having said that one year to fill the till with cash would not be bad as long as it keeps in the clubs account and does not disappear.There is still time for the Blades to shoot them selves in the foot like they usually do the main threat coming in the court rooms of London in the not to distant future.

You have a tough 4 or 5 games coming up (baring Bolton) if you are still there (or there abouts) I think you will get autos!

i said if we  can get 4 points out of  next 2 ill be happy  4 games 11 goals 1 conceded 

It wouldn't surprise me if you go up automatic, got to agree with speedy that there aren't many better up there than United, not expecting anything in the derby either.

The only way we have a chance of playoffs is if we can get a couple of decent signings in to freshen the squad up, not too concerned about below us at the minute but that could change

the midfield is  in my eyes  best in league thats the big plus  sharp  and mgoldrick   madine to come in  egan and joc are rocks at the back and hendo  is pure quality 

I think United were  back to their best today.  Looked fresh and " on it".

Shows the benefits of a weeks rest LOl

The will to win-the blades have it........ ????

I said all this back in October just before my voluntary short break.

It'd take a monumental collapse for the Blades to fail this time.

They won't collapse............................... 

I don't know why (or how) the text has turned red. It's not intentional.

Edited by Groose
fixed the font colour for you

17 hours ago, speedy69 said:

Just now, barry-333 said:

Why are you posting on a UNITED  topic?

6 minutes ago, barry-333 said:

Why are you quoting your own comment?

I reckon Speedy's Topic should be welcomed by all right thinking football fans.

Dunking your head in the sand and pretending it's not happening is far worse than putting things out in the open.

It's a honest Topic of a realistic view from a football fan.

It's also an opinion I agree with.

Does anyone really disagree?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Winning a game when not at 100% is a good sign.  We should have scored 3 yesterday, but only had 1, and our keeper had virtually nothing to do.

Just a few tweaks to the team have changed us dramatically; Oli Norwood (an absolute steal at 2 million quid), John Egan (as solid a defender as you will ever find) and David McGoldrick, a real footballing brain, link up play is fantastic and he can score goals.

Chris Wilder and Alan Knill can get the best out of any player, and I think (as much as I dislike him as a person, due to his past misdemeanors) they are going to have Gary Madine playing the best football of his life. 

1989 - Leeds go up to (the old) Division one, as champions, on goal difference, Sheffield United in second place, could it happen again?