Iphone 6s replace battery and display service?

Hi,

Where is best place to get battery and display replaced on an iphone 6s?

Anywhere is Sheffield? Or better to use online ebay service?

I thought about doing it myself, had a look on youtube, battery looks easy enough, but display replacement looks fiddly. Anyone here done either?

Thx.

Mac Repair on Arundel Street (0114  2998694) have good reviews. I'm getting an iPhone 5 battery replacement from them next week (£30..0)

5 hours ago, Waldo said:

I thought about doing it myself, had a look on youtube, battery looks easy enough, but display replacement looks fiddly. Anyone here done either?

Yes, I've done both on lots of phones as well as swapping the 'home' buttons over on iPhone 5S and 6S to retain the fingerprint ID do dah!

Most good screen and battery replacements come with tools and the only real fiddly bit is replacing the little tin covers over the connector strips (which is why so many so called 'professional' fixit places don't put them back and hope no one opens the phone up again.) I've also come across 'professionally' fixed phones where the place hasn't used the double sided foam strips to hold the battery in and just superglued or Araldited the replacement battery in rendering the phone virtually useless when the new battery eventually dies.

Take your time and have a go yourself. When taking the old battery out you need to prise it out from the glue strip. Do this on the LEFT HAND SIDE as you look at it with the screen off. This means you are bracing the tool against the side of the casing. If you do this on the other side you are bracing the tool on the microprocessor or motherboard and you will **** the phone completely.

Also avoid 'High capacity' replacement batteries.  They are a con. Think about it, if Apple could extract more juice out of the same size battery using the same Li-ion chemistry, they would. Ironically these 'high capacity batteries, because they are a deliberate fraud are very poorly made and are usually about a quarter of the capacity of a standard battery. And don't be conned by the words 'Genuine Apple Battery' in an advert. All that means is that it fits the iPhone you are buying it for. Look under the item details in the ad. If it says 'Brand Apple' it has to be a genuine battery but if you look at 9 out of 10 'Genuine Apple Battery' ads, it will  say 'Brand Generic' A rough rule of thumb is that £5-10 iPhone batteries are generally rubbish. £10-15 ones are usually OK.

Like I say, have a go. It's a lot easier than you think and remember with a 6S, if you want the fingerprint ID to continue working, you need to swap over the 'home' button from the original phone.

Good luck 👍

Okay, thanks everyone! Great post Top Cat's Hat; I think you've inspired me to attempt the repair myself. I'll check on eBay for parts and post links here, want to make sure I get quality parts. How much roughly should I expect to pay for the display? Looked like less than 20 quid on eBay, thought that was perhaps too cheap?

Also, it could be that it's just the glass part of the screen that's broken (cracked), and the LCD (or whatever it is nowadays) is fine. I'm guessing it's going to be a whole lot easier to just replace the complete display assembly as one though?

Thanks again everyone.