Jump to content

Homeless read this .

Recommended Posts

Harry (Charly's lad) and his wife the American soap actress Meghan , are to have a cottage (situated in Windsor Park)  renovated at Tax payers expense in time for the arrival of there first child in the Spring . 

The estimated cost is £3m pounds , The building costs  will be funded by  the taxpayer in the form of a sovereign grant  ,The full outlay will be revealed in the Royal accounts expected to be released  in June.

The cottage was originally five flats  although no mention of where the previous tenants have ended up has been divulged .

Meanwhile on the Moor and High Street in Sheffield a few lads and lasses are spreading their cardboard boxes in a shop doorway and hoping that the snow forecast for the next few days is wrong.

Edited by Albert smith
spelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you see the irony of posting that online??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, geared said:

Do you see the irony of posting that online??

Why irony?

 

Many homeless people have mobile phones. Most mobile phones are internet enabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and many don't.

 

I'm willing to be rates of internet access are lower amongst the homeless population than your average middle-class punter.

Edited by geared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Why irony?

 

Many homeless people have mobile phones. Most mobile phones are internet enabled.

How do they charge them? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont think he actually wants any homeless to read this in his veiled attack on the royals and their expenses :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I have no idea what the OP is trying to achieve with his post.  Homeless people are not thick.  They know full well that we live in a monarchy, have a royal family and there is a sovereign grant.

 

I am pretty sure the homeless have bigger fish to fry than worry how the royal household choose to allocate their annual budget.

 

Maybe the OP needs to actually learn what the sovereign grant is and how much the government raked in from the crown estate in the last profits.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Maybe the OP needs to actually learn what the sovereign grant is and how much the government raked in from the crown estate in the last profits.  

I seriously doubt that the logic of that will work with him.

He just wants to have a rant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Harry (Charly's lad) and his wife the American soap actress Meghan , are to have a cottage (situated in Windsor Park)  renovated at Tax payers expense in time for the arrival of there first child in the Spring . 

The estimated cost is £3m pounds , The building costs  will be funded by  the taxpayer in the form of a sovereign grant  ,The full outlay will be revealed in the Royal accounts expected to be released  in June.

The cottage was originally five flats  although no mention of where the previous tenants have ended up has been divulged .

Meanwhile on the Moor and High Street in Sheffield a few lads and lasses are spreading their cardboard boxes in a shop doorway and hoping that the snow forecast for the next few days is wrong.

The Royal family bring millions of pounds into the UK economy every year through tourism , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the building cost is out of the sovereign grant, it's not been funded additionally.

There are loads of examples of have Vs have not, this is a twisting facts.

Royals are ultra privelaged. Should they get the grant? No, imo. But this thread is a bit deceptive imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I seriously doubt that the logic of that will work with him.

He just wants to have a rant.

makes a change from the markets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geared said:

and many don't.

 

I'm willing to be rates of internet access are lower amongst the homeless population than your average middle-class punter.

Most homeless I worked with - if they had a mobile - would have a cheap greenscreen PAYG. They usually had very little credit so would mainly us the phones for texting / brief calls.

 

Our drop in session when they could use a few pc's with internet access was usually packed.

Edited by Longcol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.