Homeless read this .

7 hours ago, Longcol said:

Most homeless I worked with - if they had a mobile - would have a cheap greenscreen PAYG. They usually had very little credit so would mainly us the phones for texting / brief calls.

Our drop in session when they could use a few pc's with internet access was usually packed.

Well put mate, I too have first-hand experience with real homeless and mentally ill people. The last thing they would have in their bags would be a smartphone. The ones you see with the mobiles are the hustlers and beggars, not the real homeless/street people, who rarely beg.

Edited by Ontarian1981

11 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

The Royal family bring millions of pounds into the UK economy every year through tourism , 

Have to disagree. The "Royals" bring precious little money into the UK coffers imho. The money spinners are the Properties owned by the Royals and Properties owned by UKpc. I am sure a tourist from far off lands doesn't think to himself/herself, lets visit the UK and have tea with Lizzie. Far more likely to say, lets visit the UK to see Buck Palace, the Tower of London and many other fine landmarks.

Angel1.

1 minute ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Its remarkable that certain posters have veered the subject away from the wealth and privilege of the few and instead had a kick at the homeless people , one has even brought the Market into the conversation ,You could not make it up.

10 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Its remarkable that certain posters have veered the subject away from the wealth and privilege of the few and instead had a kick at the homeless people , one has even brought the Market into the conversation ,You could not make it up.

Which post contains a 'kick at the homeless people'?
I cant see one.

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

Your OP suggesting the homeless read your internet  forum post set it off on the wrong foot.

By twisting facts and silly title, you've wasted hat could have been a useful thread.

23 minutes ago, woodview said:

Your OP suggesting the homeless read your internet  forum post set it off on the wrong foot.

By twisting facts and silly title, you've wasted hat could have been a useful thread.

Please point out where Said that homeless people read the internet .

No facts twisted at all , The Royals and their hangers on are shameless ,they take these massive perks at public expense while pretending to care about the people ,They are the biggest con merchants in this Country .

14 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

I have no idea what the OP is trying to achieve with his post.  Homeless people are not thick.  They know full well that we live in a monarchy, have a royal family and there is a sovereign grant.

I am pretty sure the homeless have bigger fish to fry than worry how the royal household choose to allocate their annual budget.

Maybe the OP needs to actually learn what the sovereign grant is and how much the government raked in from the crown estate in the last profits.  

the last senence is very important. I would guess that most people who rant about the cost of the royals have no idea how this payment is funded. If any of you wish to educate yourselves on this look up "the soveriegn grant" that explains very well how the royals are funded.  and no I am not going to give you the link.  do what I did and look it up.

3 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I am sure a tourist from far off lands doesn't think to himself/herself, lets visit the UK and have tea with Lizzie. Far more likely to say, lets visit the UK to see Buck Palace, the Tower of London and many other fine landmarks.

Angel1.

That's  exactly  what Penistone999 is saying isn't  it? That's  how I read it and don't forget the thousands of people the crown employ from caterers to stable caretakers, horse trainers, gardeners etc etc.

57 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

No facts twisted at all , The Royals and their hangers on are shameless ,they take these massive perks at public expense while pretending to care about the people ,They are the biggest con merchants in this Country .

Get that chip off your shoulder.

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

You really are embarrassing yourself. Why don't you spend some of your time on the internet actually researching and learning some facts before coming on here with a rant. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

You really are embarrassing yourself. Why don't you spend some of your time on the internet actually researching and learning some facts before coming on here with a rant. 

Now Now, no need for personal insults ,this is a friendly forum where all can express views without fear of being attacked by key board warriors .

Makes me laugh this Malarky.  The  Sovereign Grant Tosh!  Proper name should be " THE TAX PAYER GRANT"  because thats were it comes from I shouldnt wonder. :gag:

27 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Makes me laugh this Malarky.  The  Sovereign Grant Tosh!  Proper name should be " THE TAX PAYER GRANT"  because thats were it comes from I shouldnt wonder. :gag:

Maybe you should wonder because then perhaps you'd do some research.  

The Sovereign Grant comes from a percentage of the profits of the Crown Estate.