Homeless read this .

Harry (Charly's lad) and his wife the American soap actress Meghan , are to have a cottage (situated in Windsor Park)  renovated at Tax payers expense in time for the arrival of there first child in the Spring . 

The estimated cost is £3m pounds , The building costs  will be funded by  the taxpayer in the form of a sovereign grant  ,The full outlay will be revealed in the Royal accounts expected to be released  in June.

The cottage was originally five flats  although no mention of where the previous tenants have ended up has been divulged .

Meanwhile on the Moor and High Street in Sheffield a few lads and lasses are spreading their cardboard boxes in a shop doorway and hoping that the snow forecast for the next few days is wrong.

Edited by Albert smith
spelling.

Do you see the irony of posting that online??

11 minutes ago, geared said:

Do you see the irony of posting that online??

Why irony?

Many homeless people have mobile phones. Most mobile phones are internet enabled.

and many don't.

I'm willing to be rates of internet access are lower amongst the homeless population than your average middle-class punter.

Edited by geared

25 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Why irony?

Many homeless people have mobile phones. Most mobile phones are internet enabled.

How do they charge them? 🤔

i dont think he actually wants any homeless to read this in his veiled attack on the royals and their expenses :P

I have no idea what the OP is trying to achieve with his post.  Homeless people are not thick.  They know full well that we live in a monarchy, have a royal family and there is a sovereign grant.

I am pretty sure the homeless have bigger fish to fry than worry how the royal household choose to allocate their annual budget.

Maybe the OP needs to actually learn what the sovereign grant is and how much the government raked in from the crown estate in the last profits.  

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Maybe the OP needs to actually learn what the sovereign grant is and how much the government raked in from the crown estate in the last profits.  

I seriously doubt that the logic of that will work with him.

He just wants to have a rant.

56 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Harry (Charly's lad) and his wife the American soap actress Meghan , are to have a cottage (situated in Windsor Park)  renovated at Tax payers expense in time for the arrival of there first child in the Spring . 

The estimated cost is £3m pounds , The building costs  will be funded by  the taxpayer in the form of a sovereign grant  ,The full outlay will be revealed in the Royal accounts expected to be released  in June.

The cottage was originally five flats  although no mention of where the previous tenants have ended up has been divulged .

Meanwhile on the Moor and High Street in Sheffield a few lads and lasses are spreading their cardboard boxes in a shop doorway and hoping that the snow forecast for the next few days is wrong.

The Royal family bring millions of pounds into the UK economy every year through tourism , 

If the building cost is out of the sovereign grant, it's not been funded additionally.

There are loads of examples of have Vs have not, this is a twisting facts.

Royals are ultra privelaged. Should they get the grant? No, imo. But this thread is a bit deceptive imo.

56 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I seriously doubt that the logic of that will work with him.

He just wants to have a rant.

makes a change from the markets

1 hour ago, geared said:

and many don't.

I'm willing to be rates of internet access are lower amongst the homeless population than your average middle-class punter.

Most homeless I worked with - if they had a mobile - would have a cheap greenscreen PAYG. They usually had very little credit so would mainly us the phones for texting / brief calls.

Our drop in session when they could use a few pc's with internet access was usually packed.

Edited by Longcol