The french treat speed cameras exactly as they should be treat

1 minute ago, SnailyBoy said:

So nothing to do with fines then?

Yes everything to do with fines when you have a choice of paying the fines or paying for one of these, why should private comanies profit from this fabricated situation.

Just now, Brooker11 said:

Yes everything to do with fines when you have a choice of paying the fines or paying for one of these, why should private comanies profit from this fabricated situation.

lol, do you think they should do it for free?

That private companies are profiting from public services is an entirely different issue. Blame thatcher, Blair, Corbyn, the eu, whoever you like.

I live on a dead-end road, the limit is 30*, which people often ignore. I'd love to see a speed camera on this road.

(*much too high, but it seems someone has to get killed before the limit can be re-evaluated)

Edited by ads36

Before we have anymore replies could you please state whether you are a driver or not, it will tell a fuller story overall.

Driver.

8 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

lol, do you think they should do it for free?

We have some of the worst roads in Europe, I've driven in rural Spain and France on better roads, surely this money would be better ploughed into the system to make roads better and therefore safer, I'd hazard a guess that potholes cause as many road incidents as speed, money going into the pockets of already rich individuals serves no purpose whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Brooker11 said:

We have some of the worst roads in Europe, I've driven in rural Spain and France on better roads, surely this money would be better ploughed into the system to make roads better and therefore safer, I'd hazard a guess that potholes cause as many road incidents as speed, money going into the pockets of already rich individuals serves no purpose whatsoever.

You're all over the place, do yourself a favour and come back with coherent arguments.

13 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

maybe it should, i agree, doesnt mean you should be allowed to speed though...again 2 wrongs dont make a right

44 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

You're all over the place, do yourself a favour and come back with coherent arguments.

Can you state whether your a driver or not as requested please.

35 minutes ago, melthebell said:

maybe it should, i agree, doesnt mean you should be allowed to speed though...again 2 wrongs dont make a right

And you.

3 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Only if you can make a coherent argument as to how that's relevant.

16 hours ago, Waldo said:

Hold on. Don't people get killed by speeding motorists...

They do. But tragically many are also killed at or under the limit.

5 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Are you a mod??  What gives you the right to start making demands of people?

Edited by geared

Just now, geared said:

Are you a mod??  What gives you the right to start making demands of people?

I wouldn't dictate to someone who walks tightropes for a living how to do it as I know I can't do it myself.

1 minute ago, SnailyBoy said:

Only if you can make a coherent argument as to how that's relevant.

I'll take that as a no, figures.