The french treat speed cameras exactly as they should be treat

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Last few decades?  What about the fuel protests in 2000?  

The only rabble rousing I've seen in the UK for a similar protest is from a far right Facebook group who were more interested in selling yellow hi-vis vest with a Union Jack on the back for £14 than actually organizing anything.  It makes me smile to think of these angry people with a cheap  vest and nowhere to wear it!

The fuel protests were fairly mild to be fair and the organisers were pilloried.

Lets hope the old Duke dun't get a speeding ticket for his bit of dodgy driving yesterday , whats the betting it is all brushed under the carpet.

32 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Lets hope the old Duke dun't get a speeding ticket for his bit of dodgy driving yesterday , whats the betting it is all brushed under the carpet.

He saw some homeless in the verge and veered at them.

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

I'm more amazed at the emergency local council meeting being held this morning to reduce the speed limit from 60 to 50.  No doubt it will be in place by tea time.

Others have campaigned for speed reductions for years and get nowhere.  

On 10/01/2019 at 22:53, Brooker11 said:

Its been reported that the French in their current fantastic fight back against what their government/s have imposed on them have destroyed 60% of the cameras in the country, fantastic work and at least a nation can see these hideous stealth tax grabbers for what they are, lets hope they get to the remaining 40%, good to see a people with a backbone standing up for themselves, vive la France.

They were just angry that their Citroen 2CV's could not go fast enough to make them flash.

Edited by DerbyTup

9 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

They were just angry that their Citroen 2CV's could not go fast enough to make them flash.

Lol - you're far more likely to find a BMW or an Audi on French roads than a 2CV  - in fact British manufactured cars outnumber 2CV's these days (so do tractors!). Citroens, Renaults and Peugots still tend to predominate - and the Daihatsu  Duster.

44 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Lol - you're far more likely to find a BMW or an Audi on French roads than a 2CV  - in fact British manufactured cars outnumber 2CV's these days (so do tractors!). Citroens, Renaults and Peugots still tend to predominate - and the Daihatsu  Duster.

Dacia is owned by Renault and is chock full of french parts (the fuel and Speedo from the duster are identical to my old master - it made me chuckle when I saw it).

EDIT - I’ve just checked it was the (slightly) older model duster. 

Edited by tinfoilhat

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Dacia is owned by Renault and is chock full of french parts (the fuel and Speedo from the duster are identical to my old master - it made me chuckle when I saw it).

Yup - they're really popular here in France due to the Renault connection - and being dirt cheap. 

Next door neighbour has one - and on the weekly supermarket run I reckon that after the Cactus and Berlingo they're most common car in these parts.

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

I think you mean the "Dacia" Duster btw.  It's made under licence from Renault, in Romania.  If you thought you couldn't get much worse than Renault, try Dacia.  It takes crappability to new depths.

On 19/01/2019 at 08:57, DerbyTup said:

I think you mean the "Dacia" Duster btw.  It's made under licence from Renault, in Romania.  If you thought you couldn't get much worse than Renault, try Dacia.  It takes crappability to new depths.

My Dauphine only over turned once on the surprise, My Rneault 16 GX was the best car I ever had the front bench seat was brilliant for three side by side ,The Citroens I have owned have all been fun to drive ,some of these cars would go through a plowed field inc a Renault 4 I had in the sixties.

Just now, Albert smith said:

My Dauphine only over turned once on the surprise, My Rneault 16 GX was the best car I ever had the front bench seat was brilliant for three side by side ,The Citroens I have owned have all been fun to drive ,some of these cars would go through a plowed field inc a Renault 4 I had in the sixties.

The Dacia seems to get good road test results and being half the price of most so called budget cars its a bargain.

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

The Dacia seems to get good road test results and being half the price of most so called budget cars its a bargain.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I suppose the steering wasn't up to much then either? :o