Never a problem with the CX, though: still on rails at 140+ :twisted:

Good job you've destroyed those blinkin cameras 😉

17 hours ago, woodview said:

Good job you've destroyed those blinkin cameras 😉

Er...bit too late, if you ask me :D :blush:

23 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I suppose the steering wasn't up to much then either? :o

Have you never heard of the design requirements for the original 2CV?

One design parameter required that customers be able to drive eggs across a freshly ploughed field without breakage.

Edited by alchresearch

On 28/01/2019 at 09:05, Albert smith said:

My Dauphine only over turned once on the surprise, My Rneault 16 GX was the best car I ever had the front bench seat was brilliant for three side by side ,The Citroens I have owned have all been fun to drive ,some of these cars would go through a plowed field inc a Renault 4 I had in the sixties.

The Dacia seems to get good road test results and being half the price of most so called budget cars its a bargain.

Oh now you're talking...Renault Dauphine...I remember them well, beautiful car.  

The Renault 16 was a fine car too.  My brother had 2 (not at the same time!).  His second one was a bronze TX - a very innovative car for its time.  I really liked that car.  

Around the same time, his mate had a Citroen Pallas.  This was another fine car.  Again, very innovative in design and technology.  

Before my brother aspired to the Renault 16 he had a Renault 4.  He used to live on a farm and there was a heavily rutted lane leading to the property.  It wasn't great for his Triumph Herald, but the Renault 4 was superb, with high clearance and soft suspension.  

I've not read the Dacia road test results tbh.  I remember reading that it had very poor NCAP safety ratings.  I lived in Romania for a few years back in the early 100's and at that time every car on the road was a Dacia.  It was the old Renault 12 - re-badged, and made in Romania.  The average age of a car on the roads there was 28 years old.  They were falling apart but all that's changed now.  The government introduced a scheme to get old cars off the roads and now you see all different makes and models, but the new Dacia models like the Logan and Duster are very popular.

That was probably in part helped by Renault purchasing Dacia in the late 90's, they could then wholesale use Renault platforms which were tons better than anything they could manage on their own.

On 14/01/2019 at 23:24, andyofborg said:

successive governments have chosen not to legislate to make limiters mandatory. if you feel  its a good idea then write to your MP, i'm sure they would welcome some not brexit related correspondence. 

i really dont understand why you and angel and possibly a few more, are so hostile to the idea of just sticking to the speed limit. doing so would solve all your problems relating to speed cameras.

Drove a Truck for 30 odd years, never got a speeding ticket. But got done going through some roadworks at Wharncliffe Side,  very very early morning, they were only short and you could easily see the far side, but copper behind me said I started through them before green was showing, irrelevant to the fuz that there was no other traffic on the road except the two of us at the time.

I think this episode got me thinking about the coppers and revenue collecting cameras.

Angel1.

5 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Drove a Truck for 30 odd years, never got a speeding ticket. But got done going through some roadworks at Wharncliffe Side,  very very early morning, they were only short and you could easily see the far side, but copper behind me said I started through them before green was showing, irrelevant to the fuz that there was no other traffic on the road except the two of us at the time.

I think this episode got me thinking about the coppers and revenue collecting cameras.

Angel1.

No traffic on the road isn't the issue, you willingly broke the law and was seen

14 hours ago, melthebell said:

No traffic on the road isn't the issue, you willingly broke the law and was seen

Agreed, but a word in the ear would have been taken onboard, while a fine of a few quid meant very little.

Angel1.

19 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Agreed, but a word in the ear would have been taken onboard, while a fine of a few quid meant very little.

Angel1.

You got both, presumably.

So job well done, police.

Edited by Bargepole23

Julia Bradbury was on The One Show last night ranting and raving about speed cameras. I wonder if she would have the same opinion if a speeding motorist killed one of her family.