The french treat speed cameras exactly as they should be treat

2 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Yes they also get killed by many other things like drink drivers

they do for that its called a breathalyser ;)

9 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I'm not going to spend hours trying to convince you that these things are nothing more than revenue raisers, the French are wrecking them for that very reason, you sleep at night thinking they are there for the good of the human race and I'll continue with reality.  Sleep well.

it really doesn't matter if they are for the good of the human race or not, by not speeding  you avoid getting caught.

have you been caught by one?

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

they do for that its called a breathalyser ;)

I think you need a police officer to work one of these, if you can find one let me know.

2 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

it really doesn't matter if they are for the good of the human race or not, by not speeding  you avoid getting caught.

have you been caught by one?

Totally, utterly and naively missing the point.

Why have the French chosen to wreck thousands of these things, answer that question.

Just now, Easy livin said:

so your claim is that you can drink as long as your not caught.
but you cant speed because of the cameras?

No you've made that up yourself.

Speed cameras are preferable to speed bumps, which can damage your car even if sticking to the limit or under.

seems pretty close to what your saying.

your complaint about speeding is that  the cameras can catch you.
your  comment on drink driving is that there are very few police around,  hense less likely to be caught

Or I could be rightly saying that the emphasis is on mild speed infringments because its by far the easiest and cheapest way of bringing money in which takes me right back to my original point.

8 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I think you need a police officer to work one of these, if you can find one let me know.

Totally, utterly and naively missing the point.

Why have the French chosen to wreck thousands of these things, answer that question.

seems they moved on to other motoring "victims" after their initial protests?

Speed limits in France were already controversial after the government lowered the limit on many main roads from 90km/h to 80 (50mph) early last year.

Protesters angry about the increase in fuel taxes complained of the rising costs of a commute for those priced out of living in urban centres - and turned their ire on other costs such as toll roads and speed cameras.

doesnt mean they are right though

Some protesters feel speed cameras are solely a revenue-generating measure which takes money from the poor.

sadly seems some think exactly like you, doesnt mean they are right though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46822472

seems they arent happy with lower speed limits, thats not the fault of the cameras but maybe thats why theyve taken it out on the cameras to show their unhappiness, nothing really to do with being a tax revenue, apart from the minority like yourself

Edited by melthebell

1 minute ago, Easy livin said:

Dont forget,  its not "the french"  its a tiny minority of anti gov   criminals.

Its not a tiny minority though, its a large cross section of people from all walks of life who are fed up of being ripped off and they're 100% correct in their actions, did you see the "minority" of ambulances that blocked motorways?

They got the fuel increase put on hold by their actions, so your saying the French government listened to a "tiny minority", I wish we half the nerve of these people.

17 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I hope a French national is reading this to see what a spineless nation us Brits are, laughable.

A pity Marshal Pétain isn't still around to read it.

on a road with a 30 limit,   then the maximum  under perfect, empty, dry, summer evenings, is 30.     not 31.  

Oh please. Show me someone who has never driven a car over the speed limit and I'll show you a liar. I don't condone speeding but if you think 31mph is much different to 30 then you need to get a grip. Speedometers aren't even accurate enough for that margin of error.

its not mild.
its exceeding a limit.
not a target,  an aim  or a destination,  but a limit

on a road with a 30 limit,   then the maximum  under perfect, empty, dry, summer evenings, is 30.     not 31.  
that same road at 4pm on a wet feb  could have a safe max of 10.
its not for you to decide how fast you  feel you could drive.  you have no idea of the timings of the traffic lights,  the speed of anyone coming in from a side road,  the sight lines from any given position,  the tram/bus timetables.   
and the multitude of other inputs that are used to  work out a speed limit

These "limits" were set nearly 60 years ago, the vehicles then were a totally different beast than the ones today, I'd like to bet that I do more miles in a week than you do in a month, I see more incidents caused by elderly drivers, young drivers and drivers without confidence than I do concerning people doing 1mph over an archaic speed limit, today I saw a car pull straight into the path of another one then turn up a one way street the wrong way near Bernard Rd, the driver will not be getting a fine through the post.

at the last demonstration. there where 2000 yellow vest protesters.
from a population in france of 67 million
thats a tiny percentage in my eyes.

Is that the number the media tells you?