Latest stabbing in london

12 hours ago, petemcewan said:

There's something evil at large in society. Respect for human life is missing.

Even their own....

14 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I'd have to agree. Human life seems to be worth less now than when I was a teenager. Back in the 90s I had friends whose Friday night wasn't complete without a punch up. If you go back - certainly the 70s and 80s and football hooliganism - you could say it was even worse. But it was fisty-cuffs- I don't recall any of my violence-fuelled friends or people I knew who would go out and be prepared to kill  someone. Give/receive a kicking - yes. But that's where it stopped. It's not the amount of violent crime - I'd bet it's lower overall - but the almost casual amount of death being dealt out.

That's a good point.  That wave of acid attacks seems to have abated recently,  but it was incomprehensible to me how people were prepared to inflict such levels of violence, almost casually, on complete strangers, just to nick their mopeds off them.  

All linked to drugs gangs as well though, which seems to be the common theme.

Edited by Olive

On 16/01/2019 at 09:54, petemcewan said:

Padders,

There's something evil at large in society. 

Yes, it's the Conservative government.

20 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I think you mis-understand what evil actually is.

I have a dislke more than ever of all our current political parties and leaders. However, they aren't evil. Stupid maybe, uncaring maybe, selfish maybe.

You need to take perspective between murdering kids and political problems.

52 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I'm pretty sure that its actually primarily due to turf wars over drugs due to a calamitous drugs policy. 

4 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

I'm pretty sure that its actually primarily due to turf wars over drugs due to a calamitous drugs policy. 

Fair play Jonny5, my tongue was in my cheek.

2 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

These stabbings are 99% black on black. Why aren't whites stabbing each other on this scale?

A certain section of the black community needs to look at themselves and their culture.

2 hours ago, Hots on said:

These stabbings are 99% black on black. Why aren't whites stabbing each other on this scale?

A certain section of the black community needs to look at themselves and their culture.

Well done for being brave enough to point out that black cultural attitudes are the cause of this epidemic of knife crime. It's been covered up for decades but has now reached such a level that the truth is seeping out. 70 years of disastrous immigration policies are the root cause of the ever increasing levels of violent crime in this country.

56 minutes ago, despritdan said:

Well done for being brave enough to point out that black cultural attitudes are the cause of this epidemic of knife crime. It's been covered up for decades but has now reached such a level that the truth is seeping out. 70 years of disastrous immigration policies are the root cause of the ever increasing levels of violent crime in this country.

I’d love to see some figures to back this up. 

Bizarrely,it appears to me,that these gang members think that committing murder makes them a "man"- in the eyes of their peer group.

This may be controversial,but I don't buy the idea that social deprivation makes them into a violent murderous individual.

It's something in the person's character.  

Below makes interesting reading.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/10/23/white-supremacists-favorite-myths-about-black-crime-rates-take-another-hit-bjs-study

Edited by petemcewan

19 hours ago, Hots on said:

Where did you get that number from? I think you made it  up.

17 hours ago, despritdan said:

Utter nonsense. Racist nonsense at that.

48 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Where did you get that number from? I think you made it  up.

Utter nonsense. Racist nonsense at that.

Ethnic minorities are over-represented in UK prison population.