Latest stabbing in london

20 hours ago, Hots on said:

These stabbings are 99% black on black. Why aren't whites stabbing each other on this scale?

A certain section of the black community needs to look at themselves and their culture.

A flip side to this coin is that the shootings and stabbings in Liverpool are white gang related.

I'd hazard a guess that its because its a predominantly white area its happening.

Black or white, crime and drug wars happen in all areas.

16 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Ethnic minorities are over-represented in UK prison population.

Yes. The system is biased against them as Mrs May said in her first speech as Prime Minister ''If you’re black, you’re treated more harshly by the criminal justice system than if you’re white.''

Black people are eight times more likely than white people to be stopped and searched and the Met Police are four times more likely to use force against black suspects than white.

You can read more about it here - https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/uk-black-teenagers-criminal-profiling-racism-prison-sentences-white-children-a8470041.html

Edited by Halibut

That's Theresa's opinion.

And I'm talking about prison population - that means people already sentenced, not just stopped & searched as suspects.

12 minutes ago, Branyy said:

That's Theresa's opinion.

And I'm talking about prison population - that means people already sentenced, not just stopped & searched as suspects.

Did you bother to read the article?

3 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Bizarrely,it appears to me,that these gang members think that committing murder makes them a "man"- in the eyes of their peer group.

This may be controversial,but I don't buy the idea that social deprivation makes them into a violent murderous individual.

It's something in the person's character.  

Below makes interesting reading.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/10/23/white-supremacists-favorite-myths-about-black-crime-rates-take-another-hit-bjs-study

No, it's poverty. When Ross Kemp did his series on gangs (across the globe) the violence was a constant and poverty was a constant. The excuses bolted varied but once they got past the bravado, it was down to poverty. 

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

Did you bother to read the article?

I surely did, my claims stand correct.

1 minute ago, Branyy said:

I surely did, my claims stand correct.

Your 'point' isn't worth the paper it's written on. The reason ethnic minorities are over represented in prisons is because the criminal justice system is biased against them.

9 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Your 'point' isn't worth the paper it's written on. The reason ethnic minorities are over represented in prisons is because the criminal justice system is biased against them.

The other hypothesis would be that they are over-represented because they're simply more likely to commit crime (note: NOT because of skin colour). Your hypothesis is adding another assumption (that you can't back up) that everyone around is racist.

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

Yes. The system is biased against them as Mrs May said in her first speech as Prime Minister ''If you’re black, you’re treated more harshly by the criminal justice system than if you’re white.''

Black people are eight times more likely than white people to be stopped and searched and the Met Police are four times more likely to use force against black suspects than white.

You can read more about it here - https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/uk-black-teenagers-criminal-profiling-racism-prison-sentences-white-children-a8470041.html

Even if this is true, what's it to you anyway? serious question.

1 minute ago, Branyy said:

The other hypothesis would be that they are over-represented because they're simply more likely to commit crime (note: NOT because of skin colour). Your hypothesis is adding another assumption (that you can't back up) that everyone around is racist.

It's not an assumption - it's based on evidence,  It doesn't assume that everyone is racist, it shows that the criminal justice system is biased against ethnic minorities.

What makes you think non-white people would be more likely to commit crime and how in your view could that not be related to skin colour?

1 minute ago, Hots on said:

Even if this is true, what's it to you anyway? serious question.

Are you for real? What's it to me? It's unfair. How can that not bother you?

While you're at it, what about that fictitious claim that 99% of stabbings are black on black?

3 minutes ago, Halibut said:

While you're at it, what about that fictitious claim that 99% of stabbings are black on black?

You don't have to take "99%" literally, its just a phrase meaning the majority of cases. And I'm talking about the current clear and present issue of the gangs on the streets of London, not general crime right across the whole country including domestic incidents and so on.

6 minutes ago, Halibut said:

It's not an assumption - it's based on evidence,  It doesn't assume that everyone is racist, it shows that the criminal justice system is biased against ethnic minorities.

There's no evidence. Someone just decided to reverse causality and wrapped all the rhetoric around.