Jump to content
Scheduled Update @ 10:30 18/06/19 Read more... ×

Latest stabbing in london

Recommended Posts

Awful that a 14  year old lad has been killed in what the police believe is a targeted attack but at 14, why was he driving around  London on a Moped?   Has the law changed?   

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so sad a 14 year old has died , a targeted attack ,why? we probably will never know ,his parents must be beside them selves with grief , more to this than meets the eye

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, neeeeeeeeeek said:

Awful that a 14  year old lad has been killed in what the police believe is a targeted attack but at 14, why was he driving around  London on a Moped?   Has the law changed?   

It's the number of people with respect for the law that's changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

It's the number of people with respect for the law that's changed.

Really?

 

Kids of 14 were drinking alcohol in the '70s, '80s and '90s, They were having sex at 14 in the  '70s, '80s and '90s, they were smoking drugs in the  '70s, '80s and '90s, they were shoplifting in the  '70s, '80s and '90s and yes, they were riding mopeds (or small two-strokes) at 14 in the  '70s, '80s and '90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

 

Kids of 14 were drinking alcohol in the '70s, '80s and '90s, They were having sex at 14 in the  '70s, '80s and '90s, they were smoking drugs in the  '70s, '80s and '90s, they were shoplifting in the  '70s, '80s and '90s and yes, they were riding mopeds (or small two-strokes) at 14 in the  '70s, '80s and '90s.

 And late 50s and 60s  lol. Mind you. I couldn't afford a moped, had to settle for an old fag packet attached to my bike fork that flickered on the spokes as you rode along to create an engine like noise. 

  Jim does have a point though, about the lack of respect for law and order among the younger set, it is certainly much more pronounced than in my youth. We were all a bit rebellious but you knew when to back off, not so today

  On a more sombre note, my son in law, who is a homicide detective, was recently on a case of a 14-year-old killed by 2 older guys(20 and 19) over 12 pills, 12 bloody pills, so sad. 

Edited by Ontarian1981

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, neeeeeeeeeek said:

Awful that a 14  year old lad has been killed in what the police believe is a targeted attack but at 14, why was he driving around  London on a Moped?   Has the law changed?   

i bet his parents will show a lovely picture and say he was the kindest boy ever.....but in reality he was probably a drug runner for a local drug gang??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

 

Kids of 14 were drinking alcohol in the '70s, '80s and '90s, They were having sex at 14 in the  '70s, '80s and '90s, they were smoking drugs in the  '70s, '80s and '90s, they were shoplifting in the  '70s, '80s and '90s and yes, they were riding mopeds (or small two-strokes) at 14 in the  '70s, '80s and '90s.

There was also the swinging sixties, a youth driven culture, drug taking hippies, flower power and all of that sort of thing.

How many stabbings in London in the 60s, 70s, and 80s was there compared to toady?

It’s out of control now in London.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

 

Kids of 14 were drinking alcohol in the '70s, '80s and '90s, They were having sex at 14 in the  '70s, '80s and '90s, they were smoking drugs in the  '70s, '80s and '90s, they were shoplifting in the  '70s, '80s and '90s and yes, they were riding mopeds (or small two-strokes) at 14 in the  '70s, '80s and '90s.

Where did I say anything different? It's the percentage of miscreants that's changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Where did I say anything different? It's the percentage of miscreants that's changed.

I agree- the percentage of miscreants has reduced dramatically and there has been a reduction over time in street crime and violence.

It is the severity of the violence that is increasing. This is associated with drug supply,  territory and asserting pecking orders in  gang structure.

 

 

As teenagers we were involved in many more types of anti social behaviour than even Top Cat mentioned.

Fighting in and around school and events was much more common. Graffiti and vandalism was endemic. Petty theft was common.

Most 'street' violence in the 70's and 80's went unreported or not responded to by a lazy police force with an attitude that it was your fault for being out.

Landlords in pubs never reported anything in fear of losing their licence.

There was a greater fear of your neighbour or letting your mum down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

 And late 50s and 60s  lol. Mind you. I couldn't afford a moped, had to settle for an old fag packet attached to my bike fork that flickered on the spokes as you rode along to create an engine like noise. 

  Jim does have a point though, about the lack of respect for law and order among the younger set, it is certainly much more pronounced than in my youth. We were all a bit rebellious but you knew when to back off, not so today

  On a more sombre note, my son in law, who is a homicide detective, was recently on a case of a 14-year-old killed by 2 older guys(20 and 19) over 12 pills, 12 bloody pills, so sad. 

Brilliant Mr T... so did I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, neworderishere said:

i bet his parents will show a lovely picture and say he was the kindest boy ever.....but in reality he was probably a drug runner for a local drug gang??

Come on then, lets see the evidence for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'He was a lovely, caring boy':

Mother of 14-year-old rammed off his bike and stabbed seven times insists he was NOT involved in drug crimes as pictures show him making a gangland gun sign and posing with cash

 

Quote

The teenager described himself as a ‘trapper boy’ on social media – street slang for a drug courier – while it was claimed he was a known dealer and regularly carried a knife.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6578647/Mothers-tears-14-year-old-murdered-cold-blood.html

Same story and photos in the Standard if you don't think the DM is making it up:


https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/knife-victim-jayden-moodie-14-was-excluded-from-school-weeks-before-he-was-killed-a4036306.html

 

Quote

On his Facebook page the boy describes himself as a “trapper kid”, urban slang for drug dealer,  while in one picture he appears making the sign of a handgun and in another he clutches a fistful of bank notes.

jayden.jpg

 

Stabbing victim Jayden Moodie poses with bundles of cash and confessed to being a 'trapper boy' - slang for a drug runner - and may have been a victim of a feud between gangs, but his family said he had no affiliation with any local gangs

 

When I was 14 I had a BMX and £3.60 a week from my paper round.

Edited by alchresearch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.