Best cd copying software

can anyone recommend a free cd copying software.  I have a disc I do not want to lose so wish to make a copy.

exact audio copy, especially if you follow the online guides to set it up correctly for 100% flacs

I would firstly customise Windows media player NOT to acquire usage rights as this would prevent you from using any files ripped other than on your computer. Once ripped you can create your CD with imgburn. I would download it from https:ninite.com to ensure clean copy. Tutorial on its use here:

how would I customise windows media player not to acquire usage rights?

the trouble is with things like that, whatever program you use its never going to be an exact replica of the disc (which sounds like its important to you so youd want the closest to 100% accurate), even as flac

Edited by melthebell

4 hours ago, smary said:

how would I customise windows media player not to acquire usage rights?

If you have already run Windows media player and used default settings it might not be possible. If you have not yet used it in Windows 10 on first run you should choose customised setup instead of recommended. 3 items are checked - you need to uncheck the last item and then agree that you are aware of copyright issues and abide by them. 

If you had GNU/Linux installed you would only need one application for the entire task, K3b, probably the best disc burning software ever. 

Edited by swarfendor437

Free and still brilliant:

https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

You don't even have to copy it to a blank disc - you could just back it up into an ISO image file.

Edited by alchresearch

Swarfendor437

If I may just ask on this thread as what you advised here may be relavant to my situation.

I have loads of music videos  and Mp3 files that I down loaded and converted using my old PC.

They are on on a slave Hdd inside win10, NOT on a Cd. Will Win10  put the kybosh on these files if I don't customise WM player first, as you advised on 10th Jan higher up the thread? I intend using Wmp as the default player.

Edited by Janus

7 minutes ago, Janus said:

Swarfendor437

If I may just ask on this thread as what you advised here may be relavant to my situation.

I have loads of music videos  and Mp3 files that I down loaded and converted using my old PC.

They are on on a slave Hdd inside win10, NOT on a Cd. Will Win10  put the kybosh on these files if I don't customise WM player first, as you advised on 10th Jan higher up the thread? I intend using Wmp as the default player.

no, as they likely don't have any DRM or usage rights encoded in them as they are now, it will not be able to pick up and add any...

only if it was previously ripped with the rights, via WMP, that it MAY have them..

Generally though, the best option is to create a disk image, then burn the image to a new disk, this will be an exact 1:1 copy of the disk... (Unless it's an original disk, then there may be some copy protection / copyright stuff preventing image creation)

Edited by Ghozer

Ok Ghozer, thank you for advising on that.