"something must be done about the angry mobs!"

36 minutes ago, woodview said:

The guys who was part of the 'angry mob ' has now been arrested on public order offences and released on bail.

What are people's opinions on this? Try to be impartial, he probably has extreme opinions, but should people be able to protest around politicians in the street?

Sensible policing or slippery slope?

It's absolutely ridiculous someone should be arrested so many days after the incident.  At the time of the incident there were Policemen present who could have arrested anyone present, who they judged to be committing a crime.  I am not supporting the yobs who harassed  Anna Soubry, but if they had broken the law then they should have been arrested at the time when Policemen were present who witnessed their behaviour.  I am more concerned about home owners  who have been burgled in the last week and who haven't received a Police visit than Anne Soubry who wasn't physically assaulted.

45 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's absolutely ridiculous someone should be arrested so many days after the incident.  At the time of the incident there were Policemen present who could have arrested anyone present, who they judged to be committing a crime.  I am not supporting the yobs who harassed  Anna Soubry, but if they had broken the law then they should have been arrested at the time when Policemen were present who witnessed their behaviour.  I am more concerned about home owners  who have been burgled in the last week and who haven't received a Police visit than Anne Soubry who wasn't physically assaulted.

It’s not ridiculous at all. The police probably didn’t have enough officers on the spot at the time to safely detain Goddard without causing a mini riot.

Perfectly acceptable to arrest him later if he is suspected of an offence.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

The guys who was part of the 'angry mob ' has now been arrested on public order offences and released on bail.

What are people's opinions on this? Try to be impartial, he probably has extreme opinions, but should people be able to protest around politicians in the street?

Sensible policing or slippery slope?

We need to know more about what he was arrested for. He technically may have done nothing wrong. Let’s wait and see.

I was listening to the radio shortly after the incident with Anna Soubry, & the Chief police officer interviewed said that many police were feeling reticent to involve themselves in low level incidents that were politically based.

26 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I was listening to the radio shortly after the incident with Anna Soubry, & the Chief police officer interviewed said that many police were feeling reticent to involve themselves in low level incidents that were politically based.

So have they now been 'persuaded'.....

Politics or public order???

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

It’s not ridiculous at all. The police probably didn’t have enough officers on the spot at the time to safely detain Goddard without causing a mini riot.

You genuinely think there aren't going to be sufficient officers around parliament, the UK's biggest terrorist target, to arrest a middle aged bloke? Right, sure.

Why didn't  they arrest the old man who spoke aggressively  to Jacob Rees-Mogg's children.

Was it because he didn't  make a big thing about it and took the kids home and closed the door.

Anna Soubry looked to me as though she was loving all the attention .

Edited by jaffa1

4 minutes ago, woodview said:

You genuinely think there aren't going to be sufficient officers around parliament, the UK's biggest terrorist target, to arrest a middle aged bloke? Right, sure.

Yes quite possibly that is the case. When the bridge attack happened one copper put himself in the way and died doing so.

3 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Yes quite possibly that is the case. When the bridge attack happened one copper put himself in the way and died doing so.

Possibly but improbably.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Possibly but improbably.

No it’s probable. There are multiple entrances and exits, and parliament offices are in multiple locations. Soubry is only one of 650 MPs, and close on 1,000 peers, and was travelling between Portcullis house and the Palace of Westminster.

Until the Yellow vests and the left wing fruitcakes turned up we had ministers and MPs and Peers freely travelling around the Westminster area, cycling/walking to work and going to pubs and restaurants in the area. There are possibly up to 2,000 people who now need close security because of the nutters.

And you my friend are utterly ignorant of that reality. 

11 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

No it’s probable. There are multiple entrances and exits, and parliament offices are in multiple locations. Soubry is only one of 650 MPs, and close on 1,000 peers, and was travelling between Portcullis house and the Palace of Westminster.

Until the Yellow vests and the left wing fruitcakes turned up we had ministers and MPs and Peers freely travelling around the Westminster area, cycling/walking to work and going to pubs and restaurants in the area. There are possibly up to 2,000 people who now need close security because of the nutters.

And you my friend are utterly ignorant of that reality. 

She had two police men with her and was been heckled by a middle aged bloke. If there was a crime being committed he could have been dealt with.

Your storyline of the situation is pathetic. Ignoring people or even better getting them arrested might seem a good way of getting your own way. It is another nail in the coffin of democracy. Sad times.

On 12 January 2019 at 22:51, jaffa1 said:

Why didn't  they arrest the old man who spoke aggressively  to Jacob Rees-Mogg's children.

Because he hadn't broken the law?

We have removed posts consisting of personal comments and off topic nonsense.

If you cant post within our rules then please dont bother.

Thank you.