"something must be done about the angry mobs!"

57 minutes ago, Resident said:

Channel 4, that centre, unbiased TV channel..... 

Even if they were biased (which they're not), how does that invalidate what I said in #8?

Edited by Mister M
to update a mistake

It is all biased. Impartiality is striven for to a greater or less degree, but never attained in broadcast news.

If you think your news channel isn't biased, then think again.

Better still, don't watch the news, listen to it. Pictures rarely add to the information, only to the emotion, if you want the facts, and you want to know when people are lying, listen don't look.

Edited by Phanerothyme

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Given that the BBC sees itself as the broadcasting arm of the Royal Family and Conservative Party, Channel Four News is now the only impartial news broadcaster left in the UK.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You should go on tour with that material.

Channel 4 AS A WHOLE has a Liberal left agenda. CH4 News has never nor will it EVER be impartial. 

7 minutes ago, Resident said:

CH4 News has never nor will it EVER be impartial. 

Along with every broadcaster/news network/journalist/human being/organisation.

i.e impartiality isn't a binary, 0 or 1.

it's a spectrum from 0 to somewhere less than 1.

52 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Even if they were biased (which they're not), how does that invalidate what I said in #8?

Did I miss the memo telling everyone that Tommy Robinson is the modern Godwin's Law? 

Seems to be the go-to cry when someone opposes the left. You must be a TR supporter because you're not on the left is pretty much the same as calling someone a Nazi/Hitler supporter which is usually the response when the far left is opposed. 

BTW before it gets twisted: 

1. I do not condone the actions of these people in the report

2. I am not a Tommy/Adolf supporter. 

I do have to wonder though, where was Channel 4 News when Leave voters were being intimidated, physically assaulted & harassed during the Referendum campaign? The only place that I saw it being published was a few local ITV news broadcasts and even then it was a 30secs & done report. There was absolutely nothing on BBC/Ch4 to my recollection.  

2 minutes ago, Phanerothyme said:

Along with every broadcaster/news network/journalist/human being/organisation.

That point I will not argue, purely because it's 100% factual. 

18 minutes ago, Resident said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You should go on tour with that material.

Channel 4 AS A WHOLE has a Liberal left agenda. CH4 News has never nor will it EVER be impartial. 

Even if they were biased (which they're not), how does that invalidate what I said in #8? Even if they were biased (which they're not), how does that invalidate what I said in #8? 

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Even if they were biased (which they're not), how does that invalidate what I said in #8? Even if they were biased (which they're not), how does that invalidate what I said in #8? 

Continuing the false rhetoric that they're not biased demonstrates clearly you won't listen even when I post a rebuttal, for that reason I'm not going to bother. It'll simply be like talking to a child with their fingers in their ears going "lalalalalalalalalalalala" (coincidentally like most liberals)

I can do that at home, with my 2 year old. 

Next you lot will be saying that Channel 5 are not biased against anyone trying to survive on benefits!

LOL

14 minutes ago, Resident said:

Continuing the false rhetoric that they're not biased demonstrates clearly you won't listen even when I post a rebuttal, for that reason I'm not going to bother. It'll simply be like talking to a child with their fingers in their ears going "lalalalalalalalalalalala" (coincidentally like most liberals)

I can do that at home, with my 2 year old. 

Apologies, I got my posters mixed up@ confused you with the OP Hots On

30 minutes ago, Resident said:

I do have to wonder though, where was Channel 4 News when Leave voters were being intimidated, physically assaulted & harassed during the Referendum campaign? The only place that I saw it being published was a few local ITV news broadcasts and even then it was a 30secs & done report. There was absolutely nothing on BBC/Ch4 to my recollection.  

Links to these allegations?

Don't remember anything in the press (even the Mail etc) in the run up to the referendum.

see the "right" are getting their panties in a bunch and trying to switch blame as usual.

THIS article states quite clearly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46789601

He said recent incidents, including Tory MP Anna Soubry being verbally abused on Monday, were "intolerable".

At least 115 MPs have called on police to improve their response to abusive protesters outside Parliament.

The Metropolitan Police has said it is ready to "deal robustly" with any instances of criminal harassment.

recent INCIDENTS, just just this case, dont worry its not just singling out right w"h"ingers. It just so happens they are the most recent. these are public order offences, peaceful protest and demonstrations are fine but when you move into threats, harassment, bullying and intimidation against individuals in public, that is public order offences.

also the terms 6 weeks and repeatedly is mentioned so again highlights its not just yesterdays case that has sparked this.