"something must be done about the angry mobs!"

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

i dont think its the words its the context, having a group of men, screaming in your face, surrounding you, in effect threatening you, thats the issue.

No that is not the issue. The issue is she is a very well paid public servant and she is not serving the voting MAJORITY of the public.!!!

Edited by REUBEN 123

7 hours ago, REUBEN 123 said:

No that is not the issue. The issue is she is a very well paid public servant and she is not serving the voting MAJORITY of the public.!!!

Arguably by seeking to please everybody she is trying to do that.

The problem is her deal pleases nobody 

She’s misguided

On 1/8/2019 at 6:37 PM, Hots on said:

Because the mob that harassed  Anna Soubry   in Parliament square are perceived as being right wing" (a mischaracterisation in my view) there are calls from politicians and other commentators for something to be done. Well they're a bit late, what about all the left wing mobs that shout down everyone to the right of Ghandi all the time in the universities and elsewhere... such as when Nigel Farage visited Scotland and a violently aggressive mob went for him causing the police to bundle him into a pub for his personal safety, and Jacob Reese Mogg being harassed, first at that college, then more recently at his home with his children. 

Well the main/gobbiest  one said he voted Tory during a television interview. They do seem to have all the right wing shibolleths, bullying, boorish, inane chanting, wearing union jacks, intolerant of others free speech, anti immigrant, conspiracy theorists. Oh and a bit thick. Goddard flies a flag of " working classness " but says he votes Tory.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:42 PM, Top Cats Hat said:

Given that the BBC sees itself as the broadcasting arm of the Royal Family and Conservative Party, Channel Four News is now the only impartial news broadcaster left in the UK.

The BBC needs kicking into touch

Edited by Ridgewalk

Interesting article here, claiming that these mobs are the hard left remainer "Movement for Justice" - a group that Labour's John McDonnell has spoken at previously.

https://order-order.com/2019/01/09/hard-left-remain-protesters-harassing-commons-staff-going-portcullis-house/?fbclid=IwAR3r-Htp7-ASYqXqybpm1OUYYnKnvPUHMTyv6h5TqCo8iFwk26pIfWN58i8

A lot of grey hair and sensible clothing in that "mob".

Not exactly intimidating and not how guido describes them either.

47 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Interesting article here, claiming that these mobs are the hard left remainer "Movement for Justice" - a group that Labour's John McDonnell has spoken at previously.

https://order-order.com/2019/01/09/hard-left-remain-protesters-harassing-commons-staff-going-portcullis-house/?fbclid=IwAR3r-Htp7-ASYqXqybpm1OUYYnKnvPUHMTyv6h5TqCo8iFwk26pIfWN58i8

theres more than one mob, those harassing Soubry were assorted EDL etc brexit supporters, the one you linked to are anti brexit remainers

Interesting, if a similar mob had harassed Margaret Thatcher or in more recent times maybe someone like Katie Hopkins, all you leftists would no doubt be on here singing a different hypocritical tune !

7 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Interesting, if a similar mob had harassed Margaret Thatcher or in more recent times maybe someone like Katie Hopkins, all you leftists would no doubt be on here singing a different hypocritical tune !

they have done, in the op Rees Mogg was mentioned, get over thi sen, as i said previously its not just about this current mob, its been happening for weeks. As i also said once you move into the realms of shouting abuse into peoples faces and invading their personal space you move into the realm of harassment and intimidation and away from peaceful protesting

Edited by melthebell

25 minutes ago, melthebell said:

once you move into the realms of shouting abuse into peoples faces and invading their personal space you move into the realm of harassment and intimidation and away from peaceful protesting

Very much agree with you here mel. No matter what side of the fence you sit on, it is never classy to get over-emotional and start shouting at and abusing people.

For anyone who's interested, I've just watched a great interview between Russell Brand and one of the (apparently) right wing nazi types I was referring to on the other thread. These two, while probably not on the same page politically, seem quite capable of respectfully holding divergent positions.

Have to say, my respect for Brand has gone up a bit after watching this (really didn't like his treatment of Andrew Sachs).

Edited by Waldo

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Very much agree with you here mel. No matter what side of the fence you sit on, it is never classy to get over-emotional and start shouting at and abusing people.

For anyone who's interested, I've just watched a great interview between Russell Brand and one of the Nazi's I was referring to on the other thread. These two, while probably not on the same page politically, seem quite capable of respectfully holding divergent positions.

Have to say, my respect for Brand has gone up a bit after watching this (really didn't like his treatment of Andrew Sachs).

LOL, we have hit peak nazi

58 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

There  was a mob outside a hospital in Liverpool harassing May earlier this week.

Everyone commenting on social media were gloating and saying they should have also thrown fruit, eggs and bricks.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:27 PM, Top Cats Hat said:

Leave/Remain is essentially a Right/Left issue. 

Those who are aerated enough about it to travel to Parliament wrapped in the Union Flag and hurl abuse at elected politicians, are most certainly on the right and far right, wing of British politics.

Not for me it isn't.  I consider myself a conservative and am an ardent Remainer, and one who believes fully in freedom of movement.   To remain as you are, to avoid unnecessary risks and ruptures etc are the essence of conservatism.

Don't confuse nationalism with conservatism.