"something must be done about the angry mobs!"

58 minutes ago, Resident said:

Channel 4 AS A WHOLE has a Liberal left agenda. CH4 News has never nor will it EVER be impartial. 

Whether you like it or not, Channel Four News is way more impartial than any other UK news broadcaster. It's presenters are the only ones who come anywhere near trying to get to the bottom of Corbyn's schizophrenic position on Brexit in their interviews with Labour politicians. Their interviewing style is Paxman but without the ego and rudeness.

The fact that you see them as having a left agenda is more to do with your own political position and the inherant right wing bias of most UK journalism than any bias on Channel Four's part.

Whether you like it or not, quality journalism does not align itself with any political flag.

Perhaps the MP's would  like people deemed ‘right’ to wear something that identifies them. Maybe a badge in the shape of a star or even an armband.

If being called a Nazi and or scum or a combination of those is now suddenly a crime, then I've got very bad news for thousands of remain campaigners and rabid lefties in general.

Edited by XXTickerXX

5 hours ago, Crosser said:

Next you lot will be saying that Channel 5 are not biased against anyone trying to survive on benefits!

LOL

The bias is left to the viewer...not channel 5. C5 just produces crap ready to be gobbled up by morons 

Channel 5 it would seem patronisingly champion those surviving on benefits....it’s their bread and butter and a great vehicle for their ratings...why wouldn’t they!!

The unwashed love to see the unwashed get grubbier...it somehow makes them feel that little much better...if not sneeringly cleaner....irony huh!!

Edited by Andbreathe

3 hours ago, XXTickerXX said:

Perhaps the MP's would  like people deemed ‘right’ to wear something that identifies them. Maybe a badge in the shape of a star or even an armband.

If being called a Nazi and or scum or a combination of those is now suddenly a crime, then I've got very bad news for thousands of remain campaigners and rabid lefties in general.

“Lefties” didn’t vote to leave???

This is not a Brexit thread. Back on topic.

8 hours ago, XXTickerXX said:

This is how far gone people seem to have got

can’t condemn bad behaviour, and seek to justify it by pointing to other examples of bad behaviour.

That’s not decent, not civilised, and should have no place in a modern society.

It’s cult-like on both sides, left and right

14 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Leave/Remain is essentially a Right/Left issue. 

Those who are aerated enough about it to travel to Parliament wrapped in the Union Flag and hurl abuse at elected politicians, are most certainly on the right and far right, wing of British politics.

You are mistaken, it is nothing to do with Left and Right.

This is no longer the 20th Century.

People are more complex , than can be broken down into Left and Right.

They can also be strongly rational and irrational at the same time.

I myself am strongly Left on some issues, strongly Right on others and in the centre for the rest.

The divide is now:

Those who do well out of a globalised, rapidly changing, post industrial world and the same class of people residing in other countries.

And those who desire a local, more secure, more community based world.

Although you would no doubt class me as a typical Conservative, LibDem member of the former, I have spent enough time working in Wythenshawe, Yarmouth, Gateshead and Southport to understand and strongly support the latter.

My nice educated middle class job is also now at the mercy of the whims of the personal equity vultures who now own it...so in some ways I am now feeling the insecurity long endured by others.

So there you go...I am an enigma and cannot be simply characterised...much like most people at the mercy of the world of work today.

As for protesting, I do it in ways other than the street...for what it is worth.

Hardcore Left and Right fanatics leftover from the 20th Century are much closer to each other than they believe.

I don't personally agree with jeering MPs or anyone but you have to have it or you don't have free speech.

Owen Jones is something of a provocateur and Soubry as an MP knows that antagonism comes with the job. Neither of them can complain about getting shouted at.

Where such protests cross the line is throwing around "Nazi" when its not even slightly justified.

What you don't want is to introduce new laws to curtail these demos, because there is no way of telling how future government's will exploit such laws.

17 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Leave/Remain is essentially a Right/Left issue. 

Those who are aerated enough about it to travel to Parliament wrapped in the Union Flag and hurl abuse at elected politicians, are most certainly on the right and far right, wing of British politics.

No it's not at all. How does EU membership equate to left wing thinking?

The only way they are linked is that there tends to be left wing policies enforced upon the uk by eu legislation e.g working condition legislation. Although this may be a good thing, membership of a body such as the EU isn't in itself left wing, in fact you could very easily argue the contrary.

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

No it's not at all. How does EU membership equate to left wing thinking?

The only way they are linked is that there tends to be left wing policies enforced upon the uk by eu legislation e.g working condition legislation. Although this may be a good thing, membership of a body such as the EU isn't in itself left wing, in fact you could very easily argue the contrary.

and euroscepticism has ALWAYS been a right wing mode of thinking, hence why tommys "friends", the EDL etc also follow it

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

and euroscepticism has ALWAYS been a right wing mode of thinking, hence why tommys "friends", the EDL etc also follow it

The fact they are against the eu, doesn't in itself make it an left / right issue. If you want to be against anything they are for and vice versa, then go for it.

I'd suggest making your own mind up on a case by case basis.

Just now, woodview said:

I'd suggest making your own mind up on a case by case basis.

i do, i dont follow party politricks, nor do i adhere to left wing thinking despite having "some" left wing traits