"something must be done about the angry mobs!"

Because the mob that harassed  Anna Soubry   in Parliament square are perceived as being right wing" (a mischaracterisation in my view) there are calls from politicians and other commentators for something to be done. Well they're a bit late, what about all the left wing mobs that shout down everyone to the right of Ghandi all the time in the universities and elsewhere... such as when Nigel Farage visited Scotland and a violently aggressive mob went for him causing the police to bundle him into a pub for his personal safety, and Jacob Reese Mogg being harassed, first at that college, then more recently at his home with his children. 

Edited by Hots on

Why do you think that the mob who harassed Anna Soubry are mischaracterised as being right wing?

The left from the 60's onwards has done much worse, I can recall students overturning the then Home Secretary, David Waddington's car at Warwick in the 80's, then there was the poll tax, plenty of Tories have faced the Egg run, its not a good idea for progressives, etc, to call for banning, etc, because at some time such legislation will be used on them. Rumbustious opposition is part of the political process, just ask the French.

Edited by gamezone07

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Why do you think that the mob who harassed Anna Soubry are mischaracterised as being right wing?

They look like the lower end of the working class scale to me, apart from EU membership and immigration what do you think their general views will be on other things such as the NHS and employment rights and son?

Put a bus on for the Sheffield Forum warriors , I'm sure they will be like little puppies after a torrent of question with a question questioning and seeing more into texts that hasn't been wrote. 

Give'em Hell SF !!

40 minutes ago, Hots on said:

Because the mob that harassed  Anna Soubry   in Parliament square are perceived as being right wing" (a mischaracterisation in my view) 

Leave/Remain is essentially a Right/Left issue. 

Those who are aerated enough about it to travel to Parliament wrapped in the Union Flag and hurl abuse at elected politicians, are most certainly on the right and far right, wing of British politics.

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Leave/Remain is essentially a Right/Left issue. 

Those who are aerated enough about it to travel to Parliament wrapped in the Union Flag and hurl abuse at elected politicians, are most certainly on the right and far right, wing of British politics.

However, they'll be least likely to vote Tory.

1 hour ago, Hots on said:

They look like the lower end of the working class scale to me, apart from EU membership and immigration what do you think their general views will be on other things such as the NHS and employment rights and son?

Okay, ignoring the rather lame sneering view of their appearance and social class (which doesn't indicate political opinion), and having just watched Channel 4 News, the leader of the group  was identified as a far right Tommy Robinson supporter. After mobbing Anna Soubry, they then went on to mob Owen Jones, who I'm sure your aware id a left wing writer for the Guardian.

As for their other views I have no idea. But go onto Channel 4 +1 right now & you'll see the report that I've just watched on the issue.

44 minutes ago, steve68 said:

However, they'll be least likely to vote Tory.

I said Right/Left not Tory Labour.

1 hour ago, Hots on said:

Because the mob that harassed  Anna Soubry   in Parliament square are perceived as being right wing" (a mischaracterisation in my view) there are calls from politicians and other commentators for something to be done. Well they're a bit late, what about all the left wing mobs that shout down everyone to the right of Ghandi all the time in the universities and elsewhere... such as when Nigel Farage visited Scotland and a violently aggressive mob went for him causing the police to bundle him into a pub for his personal safety, and Jacob Reese Mogg being harassed, first at that college, then more recently at his home with his children. 

Incidentally, you do know that Anna Soubry is a Conservative MP?

28 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Okay, ignoring the rather lame sneering view of their appearance and social class (which doesn't indicate political opinion), and having just watched Channel 4 News, the leader of the group  was identified as a far right Tommy Robinson supporter. After mobbing Anna Soubry, they then went on to mob Owen Jones, who I'm sure your aware id a left wing writer for the Guardian.

As for their other views I have no idea. But go onto Channel 4 +1 right now & you'll see the report that I've just watched on the issue.

Channel 4, that centre, unbiased TV channel..... 

8 minutes ago, Resident said:

Channel 4, that centre, unbiased TV channel..... 

Given that the BBC sees itself as the broadcasting arm of the Royal Family and Conservative Party, Channel Four News is now the only impartial news broadcaster left in the UK.