Nunnery square tramstop

Can you enter and exit this tramstop on foot from Woodbourn Rd or is it just for the park and ride? 

yeah you can walk to this tramstop on foot from Woodbourn road, it's not just used for park and ride - I get off at this stop to walk to work

Edited by Greedo

20 minutes ago, Greedo said:

yeah you can walk to this tramstop on foot from Woodbourn road, it's not just used for park and ride - I get off at this stop to walk to work

Cheers Greedo, just off to Parkway Ave and it’ll save me a few minutes rather than going to Woodbourn Rd.

I get off at Nunnery Sq and walk up along the path by the side of the track up to Parkway Ave. The only problem is the traffic. Crossing over Woodbourn to get to Parkway Ave can be a nightmare. Its ok at 6.45am ish but gets busier the later it gets.

If its getting on towards 8am I sometimes prefer to go the Woodbourn stop then walk up to Parkway Ave because it avoids crossing over the road.

57 minutes ago, taxman said:

I get off at Nunnery Sq and walk up along the path by the side of the track up to Parkway Ave. The only problem is the traffic. Crossing over Woodbourn to get to Parkway Ave can be a nightmare. Its ok at 6.45am ish but gets busier the later it gets.

If its getting on towards 8am I sometimes prefer to go the Woodbourn stop then walk up to Parkway Ave because it avoids crossing over the road.

Yes I found it hard crossing there too. It's generally a very poor pedestrian experience at this stop. It does seem like you're not supposed to be walking up that narrow path at the side of the tracks. Maybe they don't want to encourage anybody to go that way because they know it's not really very safe, but they are not actively preventing access and egress as that would be 'worse' for them.

The exit from the platform is not signed at all.  It took me a few minutes to figure it out in the dark.  The time that I thought I might save by using this stop rather than the next one! The only signs say Park and Ride that way and Don't go the other way up the platform as there is no exit.  You have to cross over to the other side at the end of the platform and wander off into the dark at the side of the tracks.

Wouldn't it just be easier using the 72 bus that goes to Parkway Avenue?

2 hours ago, Michael_N said:

Wouldn't it just be easier using the 72 bus that goes to Parkway Avenue?

It is infrequent and often late or missing. I put up with the walk to and from the tram stop rather wait on the vagueries of First buses.

That's fair enough. There are further plans for changes to the bus network from February 2019 which would see a more frequent service along Parkway Avenue. Have to wait and see if A) this gets implemented from the bus consultation process and B) it becomes a more reliable service than the current 72.