Labyrinthitis type bug going around?

just wondered if any one is experiencing symptoms akin to labyrinthitis: severe dizzziness, , very poor lack of balance, blurred vision, nausea, sickness, etc,  needing to gulp copious amounts of water, got a bug before christmas and it is flooring me,

Edited by gamezone07

Same here but no nausea or sickness and it spoilt Christmas with the family. It has also been making me very tired but luckily I have now almost recovered. Keep warm, hydrated and try and get some good quantity sleep.

Wish you well.. 

Yep. Had it myself before Christmas. Having actually had labytinthitis about ten years ago I can tell it wasn't as serious, but was - as you say - similar. Took me a good couple of weeks to get over it. Worst part was driving with the oncoming headlights being quite dazzling. So I worked from home quite a bit.

To the OP - if you have a unquenchable thirst, dizziness and blurred vision this may be a sign of diabetes.

You should see your GP ASAP for a check.

Regards.

Edited by Daven

The lurg that's about at the moment, the one that you think you've got rid of before it returns for another go, caused really bad sinusitis for both of us and I was waiting for the labyrinthitis to go along with it, but thankfully that doesn't appear to have materialised.

My teeth are alternating between feeling like they're going to fall out and being totally numb though, which is a sure sign of sinus inflammation, and there's really not much distance between the sinuses and the inner ear so I consider myself lucky to have not had the labyrinthitis too.

Most labyrhinthitis is viral and self-limiting, and there's no need for antibiotics in most cases, but as Daven says, if it's not passing by itself in a few days do go and get checked.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:13, gamezone07 said:

(just wondered if any one is experiencing symptoms akin to labyrinthitis: severe dizzziness, , very poor lack of balance, blurred vision, nausea, sickness, etc,  needing to gulp copious amounts of water, got a bug before christmas and it is flooring me,

I suffered from labyrinthitis in one ear a few years ago. The doctors called it Meniere's disease. It made me go profoundly deaf i.e I still can't hear anything at all, not even an atom bomb going off as it were, in the ear with the bug in it.  My balance was badly affected and I felt dizzy. And I was sick for about a couple of days. But by the end of about six months I had recovered from the dizziness (and the vomiting). But not the  total deafness and I still have  a slight sense of imbalance. And I know how and why I contracted Meniere's disease in the first place. When I was out in the shed one day my ear began to itch because I have flaky skin due to having enjoyed too much sun on it years ago and that makes my scalp and ears itch terribly from time to time. So I picked up a nail and scratched inside my ear with it.  That brought instant relief. But the bug must have been on that nail.  So the old saying is correct: never put anything in your ears.

Edited by woolyhead