This is a serious request - Free dog wanted

My wifes mother is looking at rehoming a dog. Not a big one , or a small one.

She cannot afford to buy one but can and will pay pet insurance and feeding .

She has trained dogs in the past and knows her stuff but now is looking for a dog companion. If anyone has a healthy house trained dog that can be proved to be good around anyone and everyone that they need to give away to a good home then message me please.

Edited by Guest
Mis spelt

Can't she adopt one from a rescue?

Too expensive

Serious question.  How much do dog rescues charge for a dog?

My Mum rehomed a dog a couple of years ago through Rain rescue, it cost £220. This is from their website...

Your dog

• Before you take your Rain Rescue dog home, they will have been (according to their individual situation):

• Vaccinated (saving £53)

• Microchipped (£20)

• Flead (£7) and wormed (£5)

• Neutered (£150)

• Vet health-checked (£35)

• Assessed for training and education needs

• Insured for four weeks with Petplan

• Other costs may have included:

• Time spent in our care (approx £10/night)

• Medical treatment (unlimited)

• We also provide the following:

• ID tag (£12.50)

• Collar (£9.50)

• Lead (£3)

• A copy of Lily Clarke : Here to Stay, How to Train Your Rescue Dog (£15)

Plus you have the peace of mind that if the dog doesnt fit in with your family for whatever reason, as a last resort the rescues will take them back.

They will try to provide you with as much info on the dogs background as possible too. 
Buying or taking a free dog from someone you have no way of knowing about the dogs temperament, health issues etc. 

•  

Edited by nikki-red

Thanks Nikki

That's a good  price for what you are getting, meaning a friend for life.  Although the ID tag at £12.50 and the lily clarke thing I could live without.

What a stupid question. If you can afford to feed and insure a dog, then why not just put that amount of money aside for a few months and pay the rescue fee with it?

No one (no one with any sense anyway) is going to randomly give you a free dog.

Thankyou. Cmonkes

The added benefit of taking a rescue dog is that they generally vet the owner and their environment. There are too many people out there who will obtain a dog under any guise and use it for training their own dogs to fight.

On 1/7/2019 at 12:17 PM, vwkittie said:

What a stupid question. If you can afford to feed and insure a dog, then why not just put that amount of money aside for a few months and pay the rescue fee with it?

No one (no one with any sense anyway) is going to randomly give you a free dog.

Im sure in a couple of weeks people(with no sense) will be throwing dogs out when the novelty of the christmas pup is gone they will be alover gumtree.

Sheffield Dog Rescue are a little more relaxed on fees - or were at one time when  i was a committee member. The council dog kennels also used to charge less than £100.

Although saying that i recently rehomed a 2 year old pedigree boxer from a breed rescue for £100, i had to take  my other dogs to Sunderland to meet and greet but that was nothing in the scheme of things for us.

I would worry if a dog was rehomed via a post like this is might end up being used as a training victim for fighting dogs.