Wilder insulting the fans? united v barnet

I honestly believe united priority this season is promotion

Why risk that with an unwanted cup run

Norwich probably thought same thing

6 minutes ago, atticus said:

Here's a clue:

Try not to make every post either a dig or an attempt to start an argument .

Mix it up a bit.

As for yesterdays match, we can't sugar coat that .... it were embarrassing and to be fair Wilder told it how it was

By you referring to the posts as 'digs' or 'attempt to start an argument' I'd assume that you disagree with my points, so attack the post not the poster, how about that then?

Just now, rogets said:

As I already said earlier rogets, if United didn't want to win, why panic and throw on there best striker with 15mins to go (risking injury etc.) but I suppose I'm being argumentative!

8 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

By you referring to the posts as 'digs' or 'attempt to start an argument' I'd assume that you disagree with my points, so attack the post not the poster, how about that then?

As I already said earlier rogets, if United didn't want to win, why panic and throw on there best striker with 15mins to go (risking injury etc.) but I suppose I'm being argumentative!

Ok

Of cause Wilder wanted to win, he wants to win every game, which manager doesn't ?

He thought quite rightly that our reserves would have enough to see of a non league team . He was wrong. Barnet turned up and we didn't .Its that simple.

33 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

3 Years since I last started a thread about a United game and that's because Unitedites couldn't be bothered.

Witch-hunt anyone?

Within the last 4 weeks, a thread that YOU started relating to a United game was removed.

The word I have to describe you is the one that cannot be uttered in the House of Commons. 

The bickering ends here.

Discuss the topic please, not each other.

I believe Sharpe was put on at end just to show United weren't entirely not trying their best

Let's be honest Wednesday would welcome a cup run, they aren't going down and they won't get to play offs, so mid table nothingness.

United on other hand have a real chance of going up.  If they blow it this season then like Wednesday they could spend years as championship mid tablers

I know wilder tried to look annoyed at the exit on Match of the day but let's be honest who cares about the FA cup?

The real prize is the premiership

So if you were a united fan this exit can only be seen as positive

If you become a mid table team in the coming seasons then yes a cup run could be of benefit

Don't often agree with your views rogets but you're bang on with this.

39 minutes ago, rogets said:

I believe Sharpe was put on at end just to show United weren't entirely not trying their best

Let's be honest Wednesday would welcome a cup run, they aren't going down and they won't get to play offs, so mid table nothingness.

United on other hand have a real chance of going up.  If they blow it this season then like Wednesday they could spend years as championship mid tablers

I know wilder tried to look annoyed at the exit on Match of the day but let's be honest who cares about the FA cup?

The real prize is the premiership

So if you were a united fan this exit can only be seen as positive

If you become a mid table team in the coming seasons then yes a cup run could be of benefit

So, as the title of the thread implies, Wilder has insulted the fans (pocket and intelligence) by putting out a 2nd string team and then making it look like he didn't want to win by putting his top striker on at the end to save face?

Please be aware that I'm not the OP.

16 hours ago, rogets said:

As I've said before, your insights are a thing of beauty

18 hours ago, rogets said:

Thats a fair comment but you would have been better dipping out in the next round against (possibly) better opposition than being the only time (I think) that a Sheffield club have been knocked out by a non league team at home.

Clubs should not be allowed to intentionally play a weakened side, it isn't fair on the fans who pay good money to watch matches. It is only half way point of the season, and clubs feel the need to rest players. They are professional athletes who are paid exceptionally well for doing something they enjoy.  Didn't the League Cup have a rule that teams had to play a certain number of regular first team players?

18 hours ago, rogets said:

Is it not every clubs priority to try and get promoted?  Last year all the Blades i know were putting money on promotion last year  along with Leeds friends.Why get promoted to the promised land to get relegated again in the following years,just as Huddersfield,Cardiff & Fulham are about to realise. Then when they did get promoted to the PL they can't field a strong team in the cups 'cos the squad has no strength in depth and then they become one of the killed giants.  Managers CV - beaten by a minnow in cup competition

, promoted to PL, beaten by a minnow in every cup competition,relegated from PL.