Wilder insulting the fans? united v barnet

10 minutes ago, willman said:

Is it not every clubs priority to try and get promoted?  Last year all the Blades i know were putting money on promotion last year  along with Leeds friends.Why get promoted to the promised land to get relegated again in the following years,just as Huddersfield,Cardiff & Fulham are about to realise. Then when they did get promoted to the PL they can't field a strong team in the cups 'cos the squad has no strength in depth and then they become one of the killed giants.  Managers CV - beaten by a minnow in cup competition

, promoted to PL, beaten by a minnow in every cup competition,relegated from PL.

This is Huddersfield's second year in the PL. I watched Newcastle the other day and they were terrible, ok maybe was a one off and they had a bad day but if they didn't look PL quality and if it wasn't for the poor teams you mentioned I think they would be in the bottom 3. Look at the money their owner has as well.

Edited by iansheff

Personally no lover of the Premier League. The year the Blades spent there 2007, wasn't enjoyable. Lots of new fans who just weren't "at it" eg I sat next to a father and son for the whole season in the Arnold Laver Stand and there wasn't a word exchanged between us the whole time. No feeling of cameraderi.  I've never seen as many apparent students at games.

Each match was like a media circus and high profile players eg Terry and Frank Lampard of Frank Lampards Derby County famé were in the referees ear the whole time.

20 hours ago, atticus said:

Here's a clue:

Try not to make every post either a dig or an attempt to start an argument .

Mix it up a bit.

As for yesterdays match, we can't sugar coat that .... it were embarrassing and to be fair Wilder told it how it was

Good post atticus. Has to be said

I've taken my dad most seasons to the Lane,he's a lifelong supporter . The draw of the PL at the time made it un enjoyable for him,it was just about money and the typical "tourist" supporter £ that other teams comment on. 

3 hours ago, willman said:

Is it not every clubs priority to try and get promoted?  Last year all the Blades i know were putting money on promotion last year  along with Leeds friends.Why get promoted to the promised land to get relegated again in the following years,just as Huddersfield,Cardiff & Fulham are about to realise. Then when they did get promoted to the PL they can't field a strong team in the cups 'cos the squad has no strength in depth and then they become one of the killed giants.  Managers CV - beaten by a minnow in cup competition

, promoted to PL, beaten by a minnow in every cup competition,relegated from PL.

Let's be honest what would you rather watch

Arsenal, Man City etc....at the lane even if it is to watch the goals flying in for one session

Or mid table mediocrity

If you go up yes you will be the whipping boys for one season, but it has to be better than playing Colchester United, Wallsall etc... that you were watching 2 seasons back

Utd are nothing more than a Nottingham Forest mid table championship team (like Wednesday)

But if there was a chance for one season in the premiership then surely you have to take it.

This season is your best chance to get there

48 minutes ago, rogets said:

Let's be honest what would you rather watch

Arsenal, Man City etc....at the lane even if it is to watch the goals flying in for one session

Or mid table mediocrity

If you go up yes you will be the whipping boys for one season, but it has to be better than playing Colchester United, Wallsall etc... that you were watching 2 seasons back

Utd are nothing more than a Nottingham Forest mid table championship team (like Wednesday)

But if there was a chance for one season in the premiership then surely you have to take it.

This season is your best chance to get there

Then why are we 3rd in the  Championship currently ?  We have already been in the Premier League, went down on the strength of one goal difference. Relegated but not exactly whipping boys.

i think you're a secret  Blade.

16 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Then why are we 3rd in the  Championship currently ?  We have already been in the Premier League, went down on the strength of one goal difference. Relegated but not exactly whipping boys.

i think you're a secret  Blade.

I have said before and I will say again the prem is garbage much rather be in the Championship .The Prem is there for the likes of Man city Man utd,The gunners ,Spurs, Liverpool.Chelsea. all other teams are here to make up the numbers.Full of strange decisions film stars and divers and cheats .Ok the money would be handy but when you look at some of the teams that got there and come back down it seems to have done them no good at all.Villa and Hull come to mind along with one or two more who have been close to folding.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

I have said before and I will say again the prem is garbage much rather be in the Championship .The Prem is there for the likes of Man city Man utd,The gunners ,Spurs, Liverpool.Chelsea. all other teams are here to make up the numbers.Full of strange decisions film stars and divers and cheats .Ok the money would be handy but when you look at some of the teams that got there and come back down it seems to have done them no good at all.Villa and Hull come to mind along with one or two more who have been close to folding.

My sentiments exactly, we all want our teams to play at the top level but the top flight in England is now abhorrant, bring back the old days.

19 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

I think you're a secret  Blade.

Nah - he's just a troll.