Old sheffield pubs

Is there web site for an A to Z of Sheffield pubs from say 1950's to 2000 ? I know most of them have long gone, perhaps S F. has one

Pretty sure there's something in the Sheffield history , I used  it to check out the pubs my family had in Pitsmoor and Grimesthorpe  . But these were very old pubs and my research was to about 1945. Good Luck

45 minutes ago, beezerboy said:

Pretty sure there's something in the Sheffield history , I used  it to check out the pubs my family had in Pitsmoor and Grimesthorpe  . But these were very old pubs and my research was to about 1945. Good Luck

Yes thank you Mr.B. SH has a list of them but you can't 'click' on an individual pub (unless I'm doing it wrong) and some of those only go up to 1951. As I'm from Pitsmoor (the Grimesthorpe end) what pubs were you interested in, if i may ask ?

Edited by St Petre
Add

Buy the book " A Pub On Every Corner" from Sheffield Scene.

Always remember my Dad telling me that you could see the NORTH POLE from Sheffield ,at that time i didnt know he meant the Pub.

Sheffieldhistory A to Z starts from the late 1700s but only goes up to 1951 , you used to be able to click on each pub individually  to find out all the landlords of most years but sadly  after an update a couple of years ago everything went drastically  wrong.

Pub on Every Corner only gives you the basics.

4 hours ago, jad279 said:

Always remember my Dad telling me that you could see the NORTH POLE from Sheffield ,at that time i didnt know he meant the Pub.

Yes the North Pole at Sussex Street and Effingham Road. Never went in there ,seemed like a day time pub with all the industrial premises around that area, like the Crown (Lowdrop) on Faraday Road. Where NP was is now a place of worship.

Yes thank you Mr.B. SH has a list of them but you can't 'click' on an individual pub (unless I'm doing it wrong) and some of those only go up to 1951. As I'm from Pitsmoor (the Grimesthorpe end) what pubs were you interested in, if i may ask ?

Last pub in the family was the Hallcar Tavern around 1943, my Gran had moved from the Alexandra,Carlisle St, which her husband had taken over from his father, another had the Sheffield Arms, one at the corner of Janson St and Brightside  Lane, Others were on Attercliffe ,  including the Rhoyds  Inn in the late 1800's.

Edited by beezerboy

1 hour ago, beezerboy said:

Last pub in the family was the Hallcar Tavern around 1943, my Gran had moved from the Alexandra,Carlisle St, which her husband had taken over from his father, another had the Sheffield Arms, one at the corner of Janson St and Brightside  Lane, Others were on Attercliffe ,  including the Rhoyds  Inn in the late 1800's.

Sheffield Arms, Upwell Street. The pub on Brightside Lane was the Wellington but the junction was Hawke Street, sorry for being  pedantic. However, at the top of Janson Street was the Lampool.

Edited by St Petre
add spell

Guest makapaka

Sheffield arms is now a tatty mini supermarket.

hallcar I think converted into flats.

wellington knocked down about 20 years ago.

shame.

Edited by makapaka

You only have to follow google street view around Sheffield and you will see how many pubs have disappeared in the last 35 years alone. It is hard to find any of the pubs I used to frequent in my younger days in the city centre alone, god knows how many have gone in the 'burbs.

21 hours ago, St Petre said:

Sheffield Arms, Upwell Street. The pub on Brightside Lane was the Wellington but the junction was Hawke Street, sorry for being  pedantic. However, at the top of Janson Street was the Lampool.

Whoops , sorry about that, I should have known , I worked in the Hawke St planer shop, E S C. Blame it on being in Canada since "81