Local radio on iphone

Is it possible for me to receive radio Sheffield on my iPhone ???  The FM/AM signal is rubbish where I live so my radio is now near useless. I only want to listen to Radio Sheffield while I have my morning coffee. All I can get on my old FM/AM radio is Heart and the other stations like it. Awful stations, awful music. Just Radio Sheffield and Radio 2 would be OK.

I don't want to have to use earphones either and I will be at home within reach of my Broadband.   

Thank you.

Edited by EUCLID11

if you have freeview etc, you can get it on there.

depending on where you live that is.

Edited by kidley

Thanks for your replies. I will give them a try.

14 hours ago, EUCLID11 said:

Is it possible for me to receive radio Sheffield on my iPhone ???  The FM/AM signal is rubbish where I live so my radio is now near useless. I only want to listen to Radio Sheffield while I have my morning coffee. All I can get on my old FM/AM radio is Heart and the other stations like it. Awful stations, awful music. Just Radio Sheffield and Radio 2 would be OK.

I don't want to have to use earphones either and I will be at home within reach of my Broadband.   

Thank you.

Yes. Use the BBC iplayer Radio app.

just click this on your iPhone and download from the App Store.

or search for it in the App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bbc-iplayer-radio/id560458506?mt=8

21 hours ago, EUCLID11 said:

Thank you.

I use the BBC iPlayer Radio app when I am on the tram trains as they kill my dab radio!!

Edited by alchemist

On 1/6/2019 at 10:27 AM, TheNugget said:

Yes. Use the BBC iplayer Radio app.

just click this on your iPhone and download from the App Store.

or search for it in the App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bbc-iplayer-radio/id560458506?mt=8

It’s a good app, really easy to use. I hope they don’t kill it after releasing and plugging to death bbc sounds.

First app. I ever got was TuneIn radio player.

I even paid for the better version, gives access to about 40,000 online radio stations.

I also use the dedicated BBC  listed above

Thanks for info. I went into Appstore and found UK Radio. All the stations I want, BBC Sheffield, LBC, Absolute.........all the variations and all free. I don't mind the ads, its a free service. It works anywhere via wi fi at home and via my data outside. Its brilliant.