1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

Mine have always been fine (and we’ve ordered a lot of stuff since lockdown!)

Always come when they say they will, if no ones in they deliver to my neighbour of choice.

Cant fault them really.

I think some of it is down to who the delivery agent is for your particular area 

In the past Hermes has just lost 2 items. Gave no apology

Out of a lot of deliveries I've made, only one had to be refunded (which it was) as the item arrived damaged.

I had problems in the past but my present delivery guy is wonderful

To the lovely young man who delivered my parcel today from John Lewis (Hermes) a very big thank you and all the very best for the New Year. His car had broken down yesterday so he had come out today to ensure our parcel was delivered on time. Well done young man - you deserve a really good  2021. 

Now that's dedication.

I've also been impressed with my Hermes, Amazon, and DPD deliveries all year. 

Never had good easy dealings with Hermes myself 

On 28/12/2020 at 11:08, rudds1 said:

Never had good easy dealings with Hermes myself 

You are not the only one, they are by far the worst of the bunch, in fact they are in a league of their own.

1 hour ago, mickey finn said:

You are not the only one, they are by far the worst of the bunch, in fact they are in a league of their own.

They lost one of my expensive parcels.  Went up to their pl@vector complain and was not only one.   A few hours later got a call saying it had been delivered to address x and would I mind going to fetch it myself  .  I politely declined 

On 05/01/2019 at 23:12, medusa said:

We didn't have any problems with our local Hermes courier when we were in the old house, and I'm hoping that the same will apply here.  Whatever may be happening on an organisational level, the individual workers can make a huge difference to the efficiency of the service.

Oh, and no, you can't go to collect from the depot unless they've attempted delivery and left you a card, unfortunately.

Because like O'Reilly they are cheap.

Hermes are the worst courier service there is, that’s well known within the retail industry.

But, they are also the cheapest of the large couriers hence why they are still used.

I had a parcel due for delivery last Sunday from the retailer I work for, they said attempted to deliver but no one in - funny that as I was working in the front garden all afternoon and didn’t see them😂

7 days later I had a mail to say the parcel was lost and a gift voucher to make up for it which I hope Hermes fund and not my employer, but I will check this when I start back at work in the New Year.

I think DPD charge just over a fiver for a standard parcel so Hermes must be at least a couple of pounds cheaper or it wouldn’t be worth the hassle of using them.

Their drivers must be on a lower rate of pay to make this possible.