Just now, Groose said:

Nope I just got one automatically on a delivery from them.

OK, I'll have a word either with our local courier next time I have a delivery/collection, and check with my friend next time I speak to them.

3 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Possibly, but I couldn’t say for definite, sorry.

I know they have an app you can download, but I don’t have it so don’t know if it’s any good.

I get texts from them too.

No problem - as I don't have issues, it has never entered my head. I haven't bothered with the app, but I do have the PC-based tracker.

Guest busdriver1
22 hours ago, darylslinn said:

Hermes delivered a parcel to me, no notification where it was left.... I found it by pure accident in my recycling bin two days after delivery.

What a joke, they must be a really cheap delivery service or the people they employ just do not care.

It seems that it varies greatly by individual courier. I am lucky and have a good one with very good service. Better than Royal mail

On 07/03/2021 at 19:02, busdriver1 said:

It seems that it varies greatly by individual courier. I am lucky and have a good one with very good service. Better than Royal mail

It certainly does vary. Unfortunately the one we have now is terrible. Twice she's not delivered claiming "can't find address". My current house has been standing well over 60 years and links two main roads. If you put my postcode in to most sat navs and Google it drops the pin literally at the end of my driveway. Although the best bit of her not finding the address is she's delivered here several times before without issue .

At my last house he was great. He knew we had a parcel safe in case we weren't in, he knew to knock and give it a minute as my wife is disabled & he knew if I were home he'd get a fresh cuppa. :hihi: 

I don't have any problems with Hermes at all,  they leave them in the porch and sometimes take a photo of the item.

On 01/12/2023 at 19:42, cressida said:

I don't have any problems with Hermes at all,  they leave them in the porch and sometimes take a photo of the item.

This resurrected thread is so old that Hermes have changed their name in the meantime to Evri! Apparently because of all the negative publicity associated with the Hermes name.

But as it has been resurrected I will also add my feedback that Evri (or Hermes back in the day) have always been very good and follow instructions for leaving items in safe place. Unlike Royal Mail who recently delivered a parcel to the wrong road.  It doesn’t even have a similar street name. Fortunately the kind person at that address brought it round.  Then there was the grumbly post man who used to leave items with random neighbours and not even put a card through the door to say this! 

Not had any problems in  Trafford  some lovely smiling gentlemen and ladies.

Edited by cressida