Hermes have lost 2 of my parcels in past

Hermes are terrible, the stories I could tell would make your eyes water.

Hermes was the subject of 'Rip Off Britain' this morning, OMG

I've had photos of my front door emailed to me to prove they've delivered items.  So, when I next use my PC and check the emails, I can see they have delivered it, propped against my door, in full sight of anybody walking past on the pavement.

Now, if they had knocked on the door or pressed the loud doorbell on it, I would have had a better chance to collect them that any random passer-by!

Hermes delivered a parcel to me, no notification where it was left.... I found it by pure accident in my recycling bin two days after delivery.

What a joke, they must be a really cheap delivery service or the people they employ just do not care.

Edited by darylslinn

Depends on your local courier, @darylslinn - the ones round me always put a card through the letterbox if I miss them, either advising where they left it, or advising the re-delivery date.

18 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Depends on your local courier, @darylslinn - the ones round me always put a card through the letterbox if I miss them, either advising where they left it, or advising the re-delivery date.

Not so much as an email stating a delivery had been made !

Don't think Hermes do ever send those, @darylslinn, as I said I have always had cards from the local courier.

9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Don't think Hermes do ever send those, @darylslinn, as I said I have always had cards from the local courier.

Yes they do, I got one as recently as Friday, with a lovely photo of my sons bare feet 😂.

2 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Yes they do, I got one as recently as Friday, with a lovely photo of my sons bare feet 😂.

OK, nikki. just that I never have, and a friend of mine who uses them very often never has either. out of curiosity , is it a service you need to request?

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

OK, nikki. just that I never have, and a friend of mine who uses them very often never has either. out of curiosity , is it a service you need to request?

Nope I just got one automatically on a delivery from them.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Possibly, but I couldn’t say for definite, sorry.

I know they have an app you can download, but I don’t have it so don’t know if it’s any good.

I get texts from them too.

Edited by nikki-red