More poor service here.  A parcel was dispatched to me via Hermes on Weds 11 Dec.  Hermes' tracking data indicated that they'd received it on Thurs 12th afternoon & then that it had arrived at their local depot at 05:09 on Fri 13th Dec & it was on its way to me.

Following that, further updates were posted on Friday & Sunday both of which stated that there had been a delay & my parcel would be on the move within 24 hours.  Incidentally both of these updates were posted some considerable hours after the timestamp on them.

So as it requires a signature I've been trying to hang around since Friday morning just in case it arrived, particularly as it seemed likely that it could move to the "courier" stage before that was indicated on the tracking page.

Their tracking data's now been further updated at mid-day today (Mon 16th) to advise me that my parcel is now on its way... back to the sender!  No explanation of why.

It's never even made it to the "With the Courier" stage, I've had no card through the door either & I'm sure I haven't missed the delivery (which they're supposed to attempt 3 times) because I've been at home all the time.

Quite angry due to what seems to be another example of pretty appalling service from this company.

Edited by GleadlessLad

Get on Twitter & @ them . I had an issue with a parcel a while back (can't remember which courier), put it out in the Twittersphere, the courier customer services had everything sorted within an hour

Thanks MJ01 - it's a bit tricky because the parcel contains a Christmas gift from my family & was despatched by an on-line vendor - due to this I didn't actually place the order & as it's a gift of course I don't know what it is or where it's coming from.

The family member who placed the order is on the case.  Hermes' behaviour is just so annoying, especially after I've taken so much trouble to be around to take delivery, when they don't appear to have even tried to deliver - it arrived at their local depot, sat there for 3 days after which they just sent it straight back to where it had come from!

The problem with Hermes is I think that all the drivers are subcontractors so the few good ones are lost in a sea of poor ones.  Ironically, after their agent delivered my package to the black bin, they sent an email asking how they had done! At the end of this was a link to Trustpilot,  to fill in your opinion of Hermes on that site.  Trustpilot rating for Hermes says it all

2%  poor,  but 95% rated them as BAD!

Hermes track record with us is appalling the worst ones include throwing a tablet over an eight foot wall! and completely loosing in the warehouse a hamper of Thorntons chocolates which tracking showed was there for 5 days before being "Lost" The post office and parcel force have never let me down, although I'm sure others have horror stories.

Had a parcel for next day delivery from Wiggle bike parts . They use Hermes. 

Dispatched on Friday for Saturday delivery according to Wiggle but still no sign of it .

Hermes Tracking says they picked it up on Saturday , it reached their local depot on Monday, still not yet out for delivery on Tuesday. 

I did explain to wiggle that I pay for their premium service when I need the parts next day. It was stated at the time of order that it would come next day.  Next time Ill just use my LBS if they have the stock.

I've had two parcels go missing with Hermes in the last week. Both had to be replaced by the retailer.

One thing I would say is there is no point trying to get in touch with Hermes - their contact systems are crap. Go directly back to the retailer and badger them. It's their responsibility to ensure your purchase gets to you, the only way Hermes will improve is if they lose some big contracts with big retailers because they're constantly dealing with angry customers and having to fork out for replacement items

Sometime in the last two or three weeks they had a big conveyor/routing fault at their central hub, so a lot of stuff that was next day had to be delivered the following day as it all went in as 3 working days. Debenhams were the ones who chased it up for me, and they weren't amused either.

This isn't limited to local, Huddersfield gets it too.

Update today on my non-delivery.  Apparently the parcel was damaged, which was why Hermes returned it to the sender instead of delivering it - the family member who arranged the delivery to me had to contact the vendor, who then had to contact Hermes to establish why the parcel was coming back without any attempt having been made to deliver.

So in my case it looks to be a communication issue - I think that it would have been helpful if their tracking site had included an explanation for their return to the sender, instead of just a brief note stating that it was going back.

CCTV is a wondrous thing.

Our local courier parked across my drive in his blue astra and my daughter opened the door to receive the parcel, as he walked past she asked him is that for Number **. No he said Number * and returned to his car and drove off.

Around an hour later,  same blue astra, parked in same place and threw a large parcel over the high fence of the old gent diagonally opposite.

I had a text and email to say my parcel had been delivered and signed for.

I emailed back to complain as the phone number was constantly busy.

Around 3pm, I saw the courier again on  the CCTV but before I could get to him he drove off. Same blue astra.

I managed to get the call centre (premium rate) and complained, I kept getting told as I had signed for the parcel there was nothing they could do. Eventually I was put through to an English speaking supervisor and advised him I have CCTV, in colour with sound and can prove without any reasonable doubt everything I had said. At this point I'd been on the phone 2 hours 20 minutes. The door bell rang and the courier pushed a wet soggy parcel in my hand and said Here are you satisfied now. Returned to his blue astra and drove off. Again all on CCTV with sound. I asked the guy on the phone did he hear that and he hung up.

Unfortunately we now have another parcel missing, when my wife managed to get through, she has been told it was delivered and signed for last Saturday (14th Dec) and a GPS signal recorded its last location, which just happens to be the other side of the road. My wife was in all day. Well, back to CCTV, nothing........but we do notice the courier now parks out of CCTV range. So my best guess is he is a thief at the very least and has signed for and stolen our parcel. Today we chase up the retailer as all this has been explained and the CCTV footage offered.

Parcel sent by Hermes to wife's brother tracking stated delivered and signed for, we contact him just to make sure as the parcel contained quite a few expensive presents etc he says I am still at work, on his return home a few hours later he found the parcel in the blue bin!!  

Edited by DaveGas

Yesterday  a parcel  (replacement for one which they had lost a couple of weeks ago!) was left at my request in my front porch .... and the outer door left open!!!!

You lot must be really unlucky, the only courier I have had problems with has been the late (un)lamented CityLink, twice - one item delivered to #3 the next road up, and one 'signed for' left on top of my bin store.