1 hour ago, medusa said:

We didn't have any problems with our local Hermes courier when we were in the old house, and I'm hoping that the same will apply here.  Whatever may be happening on an organisational level, the individual workers can make a huge difference to the efficiency of the service.

^^^^^This. In spades. I take the odd “where’s-me” call from clients. Despite furnishing them with information, despite the delivery company doing all they can and having the very best systems, sometimesyou just have a driver who is lazy or stupid (or bigoted in one case) and the whole thing falls apart. One the other hand a driver who goes above and beyond are worth their weight in gold - and there are a few of both. Same applies to customer service centres to a degree.

On 1/5/2019 at 11:12 PM, medusa said:

We didn't have any problems with our local Hermes courier when we were in the old house, and I'm hoping that the same will apply here.  Whatever may be happening on an organisational level, the individual workers can make a huge difference to the efficiency of the service.

Oh, and no, you can't go to collect from the depot unless they've attempted delivery and left you a card, unfortunately.

Having had literally hundreds of parcels etc delivered and collected by Hermes,i have never had a problem,we had the same courier for a long time as well as a good few more as well,they have all been pleasant and courteous...people must realise they get a pittance for their hard work  and  use their own vehicles  and supply their own petrol/diesel etc.....little wonder if someone is not in or can't be bothered to leave a note asking to leave next door etc they  aren't too happy about  having to return especially if the address is way out...I/We always make sure someone is in if expecting a delivery or leave a note asking to leave at neighbours....we often have couriers/postie coming to our home to leave  parcels for neighbours who are out......

2 hours ago, euclid said:

Having had literally hundreds of parcels etc delivered and collected by Hermes,i have never had a problem,we had the same courier for a long time as well as a good few more as well,they have all been pleasant and courteous...people must realise they get a pittance for their hard work  and  use their own vehicles  and supply their own petrol/diesel etc.....little wonder if someone is not in or can't be bothered to leave a note asking to leave next door etc they  aren't too happy about  having to return especially if the address is way out...I/We always make sure someone is in if expecting a delivery or leave a note asking to leave at neighbours....we often have couriers/postie coming to our home to leave  parcels for neighbours who are out......

I suspect that all of the courier companies and the posties around where we used to live have had to change loads of their routines over the last month or so, because I used to be the delivery spot for pretty much the whole street and they all knew that if my car was outside then I was in and I'd take in a parcel for all of my neighbours.  The new owner works 12 hour days, so I've no idea where they go now.

I had a  problem with a Hermes delivery.   Got good help on this depot number 01909 775080.   Was a while ago, but could be worth a try. 

Well I managed to get Hermes to get in contact to call me and it was an English person too and not an overseas call centre. I went on social media and emailed them directly which got a personal phone call within about 2hrs.

It transpires the postal address I'd sent the parcels too ( I work away so needed to be sent to the mother-in-law home )has been black listed. The delivery driver knocked on the door with his hand scanner and damaged the glass on the front door, after being told about it the driver said he'd see to it that no more deliveries would turn up. The people who live there are both OAP's  in their 70's and disabled. 

So there , Hermes can damage your property and black your house just like that.

On 1/8/2019 at 6:53 PM, Eric_Collins said:

Well I managed to get Hermes to get in contact to call me and it was an English person too and not an overseas call centre. I went on social media and emailed them directly which got a personal phone call within about 2hrs.

It transpires the postal address I'd sent the parcels too ( I work away so needed to be sent to the mother-in-law home )has been black listed. The delivery driver knocked on the door with his hand scanner and damaged the glass on the front door, after being told about it the driver said he'd see to it that no more deliveries would turn up. The people who live there are both OAP's  in their 70's and disabled. 

So there , Hermes can damage your property and black your house just like that.

My first reaction when I read your original post is that the address you were trying to deliver to had been blacklisted for some reason.  I was going to ask if you've got a big dog or something?  

It's good you found out the reason anyhow.  It's disturbing that a delivery driver can have the authority to blacklist without any checks or justification.

I've had only one experience with Hermes that I can recall - and I remember they did not deliver when they said they were going to.  It was days late.  DPD on the other hand have been very reliable.

4 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

My first reaction when I read your original post is that the address you were trying to deliver to had been blacklisted for some reason.  I was going to ask if you've got a big dog or something?  

It's good you found out the reason anyhow.  It's disturbing that a delivery driver can have the authority to blacklist without any checks or justification.

I've had only one experience with Hermes that I can recall - and I remember they did not deliver when they said they were going to.  It was days late.  DPD on the other hand have been very reliable.

Yes lesson learned the hard way with these. I'll be having my mail now directed to work rather than having it go to relatives , at least at work I'm there and if things don't get delivered its my actions LoL.

Hermes delivers stress not parcels.

Is the Sheffield hub contactable directly? My 2 parcels have been 'with the courier' 2 days now and promised delivery on both days. 

Terrible delivery service which delivers nothing but lies. Have a look at the reviews. Impossible to contact by any method.

7 minutes ago, Jamesy19 said:

Hermes delivers stress not parcels.

Is the Sheffield hub contactable directly? My 2 parcels have been 'with the courier' 2 days now and promised delivery on both days. 

Oh God yes I've been there with them. Ordered a mobile phone, given delivery times of anywhere between 7am and 10pm and for two days in a row they failed to show up and were about 3 hours short of making it three days when the delivery was finally made.

9 minutes ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

Oh God yes I've been there with them. Ordered a mobile phone, given delivery times of anywhere between 7am and 10pm and for two days in a row they failed to show up and were about 3 hours short of making it three days when the delivery was finally made.

How are these muppets still in business?