Hi guys and gender neutral beings 

I've got a parcel held by Hermes and they are refusing to delivery it to my S5 address for reasons unknown to myself. The sender an online retailer is actively begging them to deliver but its been 8 days now and still no action by Hermes.

I've contacted 'online help' and it's beyond pathetic regarding Hermes as it seems to be Indian call centre typists following scripts.

Can I collect from Ecclesfield place ? Is there a UK/Sheffield call line ? 

Edited by nikki-red

Should be able to redirect to a collection point online using thetracking info. Maybe...

6 minutes ago, Happ said:

Should be able to redirect to a collection point online using thetracking info. Maybe...

Nope just says HELD mate. I've called Zalando (3rd time) who sent the parcel and hatched a plan , they are going to recall it and resend it to another address which hopefully the morons at Hermes can deliver to.

Don't know if they will allow you to collect direct, but they have a distribution place near Halfords on Queens road. 

Here's a better idea, ask the sender to use a different company. If Hermes screwed it up once - with no help or explanation by the sounds of it - what makes you think they won't make a hash of it the second time?

Edited by tinfoilhat

26 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Here's a better idea, ask the sender to use a different company. If Hermes screwed it up once - with no help or explanation by the sounds of it - what makes you think they won't make a hash of it the second time?

The company has offered DPD as compensation on redelivery once Hermes returns or writes it off as lost or stolen. This is not the first however as Hermes took a TV I had bought from Amazon 15th December. The parcel did same as it got delivered to depo Sheffield but then disappeared, that was £399 of 43" 4K TV. I did get refunded by amazon around 10 days after an investigation was launched. 

Edited by Eric_Collins

Hermes are terrible. Every Amazon return I have sent with them has had some sort of issue. Fortunately, Amazon are always excellent in dealing with it though. I returned 2 parcels on the 28th of December. Same time, same place, same address, separate labels with a single tracking number. One parcel arrived and was processed by Amazon, the other; who’s knows where it is. Amazon refunded after calling and will deal with the shambles company that is Hermes to sort it out. I once tried to contact them. Had to do it through “chat”. Complete waste of time. They couldn't call me “as they don’t call customers”, and I couldn’t call them as they don’t have incoming call lines.

When their Amazon/ebay contracts run out, I doubt it would be renewed given the abysmal service. Then they will go bust.

Guest busdriver1

DPD is the only way these days, solid and reliable and way better that the others is every way. I now insist on my deliveries coming with them or I wont order. 

( and no, I dont work for them).

DPD ....The delivery company that cant be bothered to post a note when they leave it at a neighbours ...had the time to take a photo on his mobile , just as well I’ve got Cctv to check when you get an email saying parcel delivered....just not at ours....

Cant fault our hermes lady ..

To be fair you should have received a text saying delivery was attempted, DPDs system is pretty slick. Im not saying they're perfect, but they're way better than Hermes who has now given up even knocking on my door and just putting it in the bin. 

17 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

To be fair you should have received a text saying delivery was attempted, DPDs system is pretty slick. Im not saying they're perfect, but they're way better than Hermes who has now given up even knocking on my door and just putting it in the bin. 

Thats correct , you usually get 'your parcel will be delivered by Dave between 15.45 and 16.45' for example if you supplied the poster your cell number.

Edited by Eric_Collins

We didn't have any problems with our local Hermes courier when we were in the old house, and I'm hoping that the same will apply here.  Whatever may be happening on an organisational level, the individual workers can make a huge difference to the efficiency of the service.

Oh, and no, you can't go to collect from the depot unless they've attempted delivery and left you a card, unfortunately.